Page 1 of 29 123456711 ... LastLast

Q: What's your biggest complaint about TSL?

What thing bugs you the most about TSL -- whether it's something we do, something your fellow posters do, a feature the site has or doesn't have, etc. -- that would make you like TSL better if we got rid of it, or quit doing it? ... or maybe added it (in the case of something we don't do).

... YOU ONLY GET TO NAME ONE THING ...

If it involves something that you would rather not put here on the board, just email us at staff@techsideline.com.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    What thing bugs you the most about TSL -- whether it's something we do, something your fellow posters do, a feature the site has or doesn't have, etc. -- that would make you like TSL better if we got rid of it, or quit doing it? ... or maybe added it (in the case of something we don't do).

If it involves something that you would rather not put here on the board, just email us at staff@techsideline.com.
    multiple threads for the same topic. not sure what can be done about this because not everyone views the board the same (e.g. view newest first). maybe just shut down the extraneous threads and merge? that's probably a lot of maintenance though. too bad you can't mandate "look to see if someone else has posted the same topic in the top thread 3 minutes ago and use it". it's a minor thing though. as a whole, i dig the site and a lot of annoyances are just typical things that happen on forums.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Almost all content is now for subscribers only...miss the "free" articles (not truly free as you're getting quite a bit of ad revenue off my clicks)

dailynews is late or sometimes not there...its like coffee i need it, lots of it early

I can't stand how TSL only has the football season from September to January. I mean can a brutha get some football already!

No complaints about the site, sir. :-P

---

"In Bud We Trust."

I think there needs to be subcategories on the football board (i.e. recruiting, NFL Hokies, VT vs. Bama, ACC Football, off-topic college football, other VT articles from the web, etc.)

Too many quality threads get pushed off the first page due to all the garbarge threads.

When I try to view a forum from iPhone all I get are posts from a year ago. So I never view forums anymore. I've tried different forums views and refreshed the pages.

Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by spparker View Post
    Almost all content is now for subscribers only...miss the "free" articles (not truly free as you're getting quite a bit of ad revenue off my clicks)

I would like the Football and Basketball Schedules to be posted higher on the Home Page. It also wouldn't hurt to present a tab for other Tech teams, such as Women's Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Fore Hokie's View Post
    dailynews is late or sometimes not there...its like coffee i need it, lots of it early
    Sometimes it's not there or late because there are no articles. Most newspapers have gone pay these days. The Roanoke Times is still free, and a few others, but of the newspapers we've used in the past, most aren't accessible unless you have a subscription to those sites.
    Last edited by Chris Coleman; Mon May 06 2013 at 10:32 AM.