Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    BUGGZY's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15, 2002
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    13,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Just like the Big 12 failed to get Notre Dame and Louisville. Now that the ACC is getting closer to a network deal with ESPN, I could see the Pac 12 trying to add a few more members to try to increase the value of the Pac 12 Network. I don't know the money gap between the Pac 12 and the ACC/SEC/B1G. If the gap just got wider, then it's possible the Pac 12 adds a few more new markets (if there are any that would actually increase the network's value?). That's where the Big 12 comes into play. Maybe Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas Tech?????? If a handful of Big 12 schools start shopping around, it is open season on the Big 12. I would expect Jim Delany to be leading the charge. IMHO, Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas will be the 3 schools everyone will court heavily.
    The Big12 had L'ville, but then took WVU instead. L'ville would have happily gone, they certainly didn't tell them "no thanks".

    as for the Pac12, they would love to have tu (as would everyone but the SEC), but as far as money, they will basically be printing it once the startup costs of the Pac12 Network are covered. their ESPN/Fox money is on par with everyone else's money, and with the media markets they have, and their plan to launch in Asia, the Pac12 network will generate a ton of money for them (and they get to keep it all unlike the B1G, SEC or ACC).
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

  2. #22
    Old Line Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    3659′36″N 7813′30″W
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    The Big12 had L'ville, but then took WVU instead. L'ville would have happily gone, they certainly didn't tell them "no thanks".

    as for the Pac12, they would love to have tu (as would everyone but the SEC), but as far as money, they will basically be printing it once the startup costs of the Pac12 Network are covered. their ESPN/Fox money is on par with everyone else's money, and with the media markets they have, and their plan to launch in Asia, the Pac12 network will generate a ton of money for them (and they get to keep it all unlike the B1G, SEC or ACC).
    True about Louisville but they still had a year to expand to 12 like some of the Big 12 member schools wanted. Texas prevented that. The Big 12 could have added UofL and Cincinnati to help out WVU. Maryland's blindside of the ACC pretty much made the ACC go after Louisville before the Big 12 had a chance at taking them.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    February 16, 2001
    Posts
    14,845
    The more the SEC schools come here to bash Texas...the more you know what they are hearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Just like the Big 12 failed to get Notre Dame and Louisville. Now that the ACC is getting closer to a network deal with ESPN, I could see the Pac 12 trying to add a few more members to try to increase the value of the Pac 12 Network. I don't know the money gap between the Pac 12 and the ACC/SEC/B1G. If the gap just got wider, then it's possible the Pac 12 adds a few more new markets (if there are any that would actually increase the network's value?). That's where the Big 12 comes into play. Maybe Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas Tech?????? If a handful of Big 12 schools start shopping around, it is open season on the Big 12. I would expect Jim Delany to be leading the charge. IMHO, Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas will be the 3 schools everyone will court heavily.

  4. #24
    BUGGZY's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15, 2002
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    13,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    The more the SEC schools come here to bash Texas...the more you know what they are hearing.
    2x10 team divisions with an ACC CG rotating between Charlotte and Arlington.

    ACC Classic:
    10 longest standing members:
    Clemson
    dook
    UNC
    NCSU
    Wake
    uva
    GT
    FSU
    Miami
    VT

    ACC Novel:
    10 newest members:
    BC
    'Cuse
    Pitt
    Notre Dame
    L'ville
    tu
    Baylor
    Oklahoma
    Kansas
    TCU

    10 game league schedule with 1 rotating crossover. 20 game bball schedule (play everyone once, designated rival twice).

    and this will happen the year before we go to South Bend, and the ND-VT matchup won't be scheduled until years 19 and 20 of the new league! LOL/TIC

    but that would be a ridiculous league as far as ACC Network market exposure and the top 4 or so schools in each division. just not sure i can see it going down like that...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •