Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    820

    18 teams, 6 pods, 8 game schedule

    A: TU, Baylor, TCU
    B: UM, FSU, GT
    C: CU, UNC, Duke
    D: UVa, NCSU, Wake
    E: VT, UL, Pitt
    f: ND, BC, Syr

    Two rotating divisions of 9 teams in groups of three.

    Rotation

    ABC
    ADE
    AFB
    ACD
    AEF

    You play your grouping every year and two additional groups. You end up playing everyone home and away every five years.

  2. #2
    Old Line Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    3659′36″N 7813′30″W
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie4ever View Post
    A: TU, Baylor, TCU
    B: UM, FSU, GT
    C: CU, UNC, Duke
    D: UVa, NCSU, Wake
    E: VT, UL, Pitt
    f: ND, BC, Syr

    Two rotating divisions of 9 teams in groups of three.

    Rotation

    ABC
    ADE
    AFB
    ACD
    AEF

    You play your grouping every year and two additional groups. You end up playing everyone home and away every five years.
    I hope the ACC never adds Texas or any school in the Central Time Zone. The ACC is the only AQ FBS conference with all its members located in the same time zone. I still think 16 will end up being the max any conference goes to. I also think the ACC will do all it can to keep the UVa-UNC football rivalry (have played annually since 1919 and oldest rivalry in the South) as an annual occurrence.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    September 23, 2001
    Posts
    8,806

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by hokie4ever View Post
    A: TU, Baylor, TCU
    ... Or Texas, Oklahoma, & Kansas. Baylor and TCU add nothing Texas couldn't or wouldn't already add. If ND joined full-time, then adding another new market would make the most sense for #20. Since it would most likely be another team from out west we're looking at Iowa State, Louisiana Tech, or somebody like that. Unless of course there is more value in adding someone else, but that doesn't seem likely.

  4. #4
    Edgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    49,228
    What time zone is South Bend located?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I hope the ACC never adds Texas or any school in the Central Time Zone. The ACC is the only AQ FBS conference with all its members located in the same time zone. I still think 16 will end up being the max any conference goes to. I also think the ACC will do all it can to keep the UVa-UNC football rivalry (have played annually since 1919 and oldest rivalry in the South) as an annual occurrence.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

  5. #5

    Join Date
    September 23, 2001
    Posts
    8,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    What time zone is South Bend located?
    Not sure about South Bend, but Indianapolis was in the Eastern time zone in the early 2000s. They were using EST, but didn't practice daylight savings. I thought I remember the daylight savings thing changing, but I'm not sure if they switched time zones, too.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    October 14, 2003
    Posts
    10,282
    Eastern Time Zone. Parts of the Indiana are Central Time however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    What time zone is South Bend located?

  7. #7
    Old Line Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    3659′36″N 7813′30″W
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    What time zone is South Bend located?
    Eastern

  8. #8
    Old Line Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    3659′36″N 7813′30″W
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    Eastern Time Zone. Parts of the Indiana are Central Time however.
    Yup, Chicagoland and extreme southwestern Indiana. Same with western Florida panhandle. All ACC campuses are located in the eastern time zone.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    October 14, 2003
    Posts
    10,282

    The ACC could dissolve nearly as easily as the Big12

    I'm not sure why everyone is talking about breaking up the BigXII. Under the same rationale, the ACC could dissolve just as easily. If Slive and Delaney decided they'd each want 4-6 teams each from the ACC, they could force the conference to disband with no exit fee or enforcement of the GOR.

    I don't get it. The ACC just weeks ago was close enough to breaking up that they sign a GOR, and now all of a sudden, Texas is going to become a member? And all this without Oklahoma? Doesn't make sense to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by hokie4ever View Post
    A: TU, Baylor, TCU
    B: UM, FSU, GT
    C: CU, UNC, Duke
    D: UVa, NCSU, Wake
    E: VT, UL, Pitt
    f: ND, BC, Syr

    Two rotating divisions of 9 teams in groups of three.

    Rotation

    ABC
    ADE
    AFB
    ACD
    AEF

    You play your grouping every year and two additional groups. You end up playing everyone home and away every five years.

  10. #10
    Old Line Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    3659′36″N 7813′30″W
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is talking about breaking up the BigXII. Under the same rationale, the ACC could dissolve just as easily. If Slive and Delaney decided they'd each want 4-6 teams each from the ACC, they could force the conference to disband with no exit fee or enforcement of the GOR.

    I don't get it. The ACC just weeks ago was close enough to breaking up that they sign a GOR, and now all of a sudden, Texas is going to become a member? And all this without Oklahoma? Doesn't make sense to me.
    A year ago Texas AD DeLoss Dodds said Oklahoma was the school that wanted to take Oklahoma State, Texas, and Texas Tech to the Pac 10 (now 12), not Texas. Dodds said Texas wanted to remain in the Big 12. A lot of people have Texas and Oklahoma joined to the hip but it sure didn't seem that way when Dodds was talking about realignment.

    Skip to minute 19:40 to hear what Dodds actually said. Its old news but its always good to go back to what he actually said publicly. His West Virginia comments are interesting too.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •