Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stech - re. the GOR

You posted the other day "GOR's are a sign of something big coming...they are not the big thing"

Did schools sign the GOR on the condition that the "big thing" happens and if it does not, than they can get out of the GOR? ie - is it conditional?

Quote Originally Posted by 133193Hokie View Post
    You posted the other day "GOR's are a sign of something big coming...they are not the big thing"

Did schools sign the GOR on the condition that the "big thing" happens and if it does not, than they can get out of the GOR? ie - is it conditional?
    You cannot escape the GOR. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Do you think that FSU would sign without the condition being delivered? In fact, I doubt any ACC school would sign without feeling like it is delivered.

So..., it has been "delivered" but not announced? Is that the way to read it at this point?

i would read it as "its a done deal"

So..., it has been "delivered" but not announced? Is that the way to read it at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by daveinop View Post
    i would read it as "its a done deal"
    That's how I interpreted Stech's post too. Pretty darn clear...lol
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyburg Hokie View Post
    You cannot escape the GOR. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    The GOR(G) compared to the BORG. Clever!

So it's been delivered but we don't know what it is. When we get it, how will we know if it is the official it or if it is conditional on another it? Guess it depends on your definition of what it is. That's it!

So..., it has been "delivered" but not announced? Is that the way read it at this point?

I'm guessing four 16-20 team conferences. No (or few) cross division/pod games. This comes out to 7 (maybe 8) conference games and frees up FSU/ND and the rest of us to schedule 5 non-conference games. That's what makes them (and TV) happy. Win your division and you advance in the playoff even if you lose all your out of conference games so feel free to schedule a heavyweight out of conference schedule. Automatic out of conference wins won't help you any more. But ND needs to join the conference to make this work from everyone's perspective. And with 5 conferences this doesn't work without 3 additional wildcard teams which I think they are trying to avoid. So, I think they are trying to come to an agreement on which Big 12 teams go to which conferences which is why Stech keeps saying realignment isn't finished and the Presidents still have a big role to play. And it won't be just about football strength. Fire away!!
    Last edited by Femoyer Hokie; Mon Apr 29 2013 at 04:47 PM.