Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what recent developments tell us...sheesh. Maybe the one with the fewest leaks.
    Feel free to update us all when the ACC does something proactive to make position itself higher than 5th out of the big 5 conferences.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

I just take what I heard from others I read its black and white they belong to acc

of course we know nothing. but I take it as black and white and UNC signed away their 10 million 3rd tier deal. This is for ALL sports.

Things have changed alot and ACC is not known for transparency.

QUOTE=BUGGZY;739527]why do they have to cancel? we have a deal in place with IMG worth several $$Million per year. UNC has a 3rd tier deal worth north of $10M. they may need to adjust some things with regards to football and MBB, but as it stands today, nothing prevents any ACC school from having their own media deal for what's left after the ESPN deal.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    of course we know nothing. but I take it as black and white and UNC signed away their 10 million 3rd tier deal. This is for ALL sports.

Things have changed alot and ACC is not known for transparency.

QUOTE=BUGGZY;739527]why do they have to cancel? we have a deal in place with IMG worth several $$Million per year. UNC has a 3rd tier deal worth north of $10M. they may need to adjust some things with regards to football and MBB, but as it stands today, nothing prevents any ACC school from having their own media deal for what's left after the ESPN deal.
    [/QUOTE]

There is ZERO chance UNC, FSU, etc signed away their remaining media rights. This was just an extension of the rights ESPN already owned. it does include first dibs on all Olympic sports, but the schools retain anything not picked up by ESPN or Raycom.

do you really think UNC would happily shred a $10M/year deal in order to get $2M/year back from the ACC?

FSU Pres has also been quoted today that the GOR was needed for ESPN to have confidence in the stability of the league. without it, they would not invest in the network, which they are now apparently beginning work on. i don't think the $20M # includes the ACC Network, that is likely what they got for the ND addition and MD/L'ville swap. ACC Network will probably end up being some form of rev share/partnership between the league and ESPN.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    Feel free to update us all when the ACC does something proactive to make position itself higher than 5th out of the big 5 conferences.
    Do you have a suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by 133304Hokie View Post
    Yes, leaving the ACC was my suggestion. Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Now we'll be in the new Big East for the foreseeable future.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Lol...C'mon Lawhokie, you know if people read it on the internet, it must be true!!!

Yes, leaving the ACC was my suggestion. Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Now we'll be in the new Big East for the foreseeable future.
    Big East wasn't great but Tech had its best major bowl win against Texas in the Sugar Bowl and highest regular season ranking playing for a national championship. If Tech can do that again in the 'New Big East,' I'll be okay with that.

Now who wants to start the Ohio State and Michigan to the ACC rumor?

They are in two big states we don't yet have.

Quote Originally Posted by 133304Hokie View Post
    i don't have stats immediately available to back it up, but if digital rights are the future (as many suggest), the ACC Network run by Raycom is the single largest digital network of its kind in college sports. The ACC rareley discloses more than they have to publicly regarding media rights, but when the ESPN/Raycom partnerships were first announced, SBJ reported the deal included a clause that could trigger future rev sharing with Raycom in exchange for the digital rights and ACCN name.

basically, the ACC gave it to them at cost to allow them to build up the brand and the platform, but once it's making money, the ACC could hold their hand out and demand rev share back from Raycom.

while we don't see the money now, if people want to talk about forward thinking, i believe that may qualify. then, again, i could be wrong and ESPN3, ACC Network, etc will all turn out to be failures in 10 years.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Ugh...another two decades in the least forward thinking of the major conferences.
    What I was wondering is did ND sign over any rights?