Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    There is no evidence that the SEC has our back on the ACC falling apart, contrary to all the wishful thinking here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie77 View Post
    If we were guaranteed SEC membership with the demise of the ACC, is it awful of me to actually wish for the ACC to fall apart?

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxHokie View Post
    There is no evidence that the SEC has our back on the ACC falling apart, contrary to all the wishful thinking here.
    Plenty of evidence

Not harassing. Did you take it that way? You don't think it is a move of desperation on the part of the ACC? The PAC, B1G, SEC and B12 wouldn't let ND, or anyone, take advantage of their conference for the benefit of an independent entity.

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEA 05 View Post
    Plenty of evidence
    There are no guarantees. If the ACC falls apart, we could just as easily wind up in the Big 12 as the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevol View Post
    Not harassing. Did you take it that way? You don't think it is a move of desperation on the part of the ACC? The PAC, B1G, SEC and B12 wouldn't let ND, or anyone, take advantage of their conference for the benefit of an independent entity.
    The Big 12 taking West Virginia and TCU weren't exactly moves of strength. Neither was the Pac-12 taking Colorado and Utah rather than Texas and Oklahoma or the B1G taking Maryland and Rutgers rather than Virginia and North Carolina. And I doubt Missouri, the B1G reject, was the SEC's first choice for a 14th school.

The truth is that every conference has had to do things and accept teams that were less than ideal in order to keep up and survive. And I think the Big 12 would have given Notre Dame the exact same deal the ACC gave them.
    Last edited by 133304Hokie; Fri Apr 19 2013 at 12:43 PM.

ND was NEVER going to join the ACC as anything close to a full member. The only question is/was what find of deal were they going to get from the ACC. Until the ACC grows a pair like other conferences and tells ND thanks but no thanks and it is full membership or nothing than the ACC will continue to be ND's bitch just like the Big East was. The problem s that the ACC is desperate and ND knows it. You can't blame ND as they are acting in their own best interest.

We shall see if ND's partial membership in the ACC is enough to drive a significant increase in ACC revenue. If so, than ACC schools will be content, if not, than there will be changes.

Quote Originally Posted by 133304Hokie View Post
    The Big 12 taking West Virginia and TCU weren't exactly moves of strength. Neither was the Pac-12 taking Colorado and Utah rather than Texas and Oklahoma or the B1G taking Maryland and Rutgers rather than Virginia and North Carolina. And I doubt Missouri, the B1G reject, was the SEC's first choice for a 14th school.

The truth is that every conference has had to do things and accept teams that were less than ideal in order to keep up and survive. And I think the Big 12 would have given Notre Dame the exact same deal the ACC game them.
    Exactly on your last sentence. If the ACC didn't take them, the Big 12 would have.

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevol View Post
    Disagree about the Big 12.

Hey STECH.......what do you say about this...??? You said ND would be FULL members..

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    i know contracts can be reworked if need be, but i've always thought the mid 2020's would be the first real chance (end of playoff agreement) anyway, so this just solidifies it...

http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/s...6299482518.xml
    Does not look like this is happening any time soon......

what constitutes evidence in conference relocation?

a fabricated, embellished and speculative article from a dude?