Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

if thats the case----give it a 20% chance it will go thru......too much time remaining for others to propose different (more profitable) opportunities for Notre Dame...... so far....they are getting what they really wanted.....A HOME FOR ITS OLYMPIC SPORTS.... I believe the ACC wants Notre Dame to acclimate to the ACC scheduling format asap.......but I think ND will stall....come up with reasons to hold on to their previous scheduling commitments & rivalries in fball....and will never fully commit. They be constantly searching for the better deal and will threaten to bolt elsewhere if they don't get there way. Their NAME RECOGNITION & FOOTBALL TRADITION have placed them in this position......they aren't going to be faithful to anyone girl....they will play the field as long as the ACC or other leagues allow them. WHY...... because ....as THEY SAY......WE A R E NOTRE DAME!

Has To Be A Desperate Conference To Allow Partial Membership.....

....The B1G and SEC would never let another school take advantage of their conference for scheduling sake so they can remain independent.

Quote Originally Posted by hokie77 View Post
    If we were guaranteed SEC membership with the demise of the ACC, is it awful of me to actually wish for the ACC to fall apart?
    Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    i know contracts can be reworked if need be, but i've always thought the mid 2020's would be the first real chance (end of playoff agreement) anyway, so this just solidifies it...

http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/s...6299482518.xml
    Best news Ive heard all day

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevol View Post
    ....The B1G and SEC would never let another school take advantage of their conference for scheduling sake so they can remain independent.
    Agreed

That's been my hangup with it from the start. I couldn't care less about the ND keeping their TV contract. But allowing them to put all of the sports in but play 5 football games against us cheapens the conference. I guess if the ACC is making a buck off it somehow in the short run, that justifies it in their mind's eye. I just think it's bad from an image standpoint (BigEast 2.0)

Depends upon your perspective, I guess. I like the ND deal better than not doing it. We play ND 5 times a year, giving us a better TV deal. We get to play them in the Orange Bowl occasionally, making that better. And our bowl deals will get slightly better. For every other sport they are full members, and they are valuable to us for that, especially basketball and lax.

They get into a conference half way, and get to keep their national football schedule, and traditional rivals (most of them).

And it also hurts the other conferences, especially the Big 10, because they have to give up some games against ND, which are big money games for them (right Michigan?). It does take some luster off of the Big 10 that they are now disassociated from ND almost completely.

All in all, ND in the ACC is a pretty good deal, not amazing, but pretty good, for us and them.

I don't think ND in the Big East contributed to their demise significantly, that was ordained when Miami left. Besides our deal with ND is much, much better, with five FB games to the Big East's zero. That is a huge difference.

Did you know that the Big 10 is right now trying to do that same thing with Lacrosse. They are considering adding Johns Hopkins for Lacrosse and forming a Big 10 Lacrosse league. They are interested in Johns Hopkins for exactly the same reasons we added ND, JH is a Lacrosse traditional power that would give the Big Ten LAX league credibility. I would like the ACC Lax league to add John Hopkins for the same reason. It would benefit our Lax league tremendously (hurt the Big 10, and keep us on top of Lax, another plus).

Personally, I would like us to do a similar deal as the ND deal with Texas. That would work great for Texas and us, just like the ND deal does.

Nothing wrong with deals like this, provided both sides get what they need.

Texas Is Poison....Wouldn't Have Anything To Do With Them....

Doesn't play well with others, wants to control everything with all cards stacked in their favor and has wrecked, what, two conferences or is it three now? May be the most despised team in the country if not Notre Dame.

do you expect the conferences to vote them into the playoff?

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    I think they remain Independent. There is no compelling reason for them to join a conference in football. The new playoff and bowl agreements make it even more attractive for them to stay on their own. Now the TV money spigot is open for another 12 years.

Must be a desperate Vol that has to come on here to harass people. What's the matter? SEC websites too tough on you?