Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Looks like 2026 is the first chance for ND full membership...

i know contracts can be reworked if need be, but i've always thought the mid 2020's would be the first real chance (end of playoff agreement) anyway, so this just solidifies it...

http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/s...6299482518.xml
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

I predict within 5 years they will be full members. The contracts can be "worked out". I was talking with a PSU booster the other day and he predicted withing 3 years. He says many of his PSU friends think the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    i know contracts can be reworked if need be, but i've always thought the mid 2020's would be the first real chance (end of playoff agreement) anyway, so this just solidifies it...

From the article:

...with the vast majority airing on NBC. It also allows for games to air on NBC Sports Network.
    Looks like some of them (probably more than what's left over from a "vast majority") are getting bumped.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyburg Hokie View Post
    From the article:

Looks like some of them (probably more than what's left over from a "vast majority") are getting bumped.
    NBC Sports Network will get Western Michigan type games, or possibly Purdue, etc. the big boy ND home games with national appeal will still all be on NBC.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeridgehokie View Post
    I predict within 5 years they will be full members. The contracts can be "worked out". I was talking with a PSU booster the other day and he predicted withing 3 years. He says many of his PSU friends think the same way.
    I think they remain Independent. There is no compelling reason for them to join a conference in football. The new playoff and bowl agreements make it even more attractive for them to stay on their own. Now the TV money spigot is open for another 12 years.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeridgehokie View Post
    Did he have a prediction on when PSU would leave the Big-10 for the ACC?
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

We'll be in the SEC by then

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post

If we were guaranteed SEC membership with the demise of the ACC, is it awful of me to actually wish for the ACC to fall apart?

No. Not at all. I've been rooting for VT to the SEC since the ACC announced they were taking Miami, BC, and Syracuse. I'm not anti-ACC, just pro-SEC. If UVa ever goes to the B1G, I'd like to think we could get an immediate invite to the SEC...and accept of course.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with aspiring to be a bigtime football power and wanting to be in the Rolls Royce of college football conferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie77 View Post
    If we were guaranteed SEC membership with the demise of the ACC, is it awful of me to actually wish for the ACC to fall apart?

Not awful, just short sighted