Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Bosie State sues the Left Behind Big East

    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/0...o-declare.html

    They don't want to pay their $5 million exit fee.

    If this keeps up, then schools like ND and the C7 giving up their share of the exit fee money in exchange for getting out clean with the NCAA units will look smarter and smarter.

  2. #2
    Old Line Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    3659′36″N 7813′30″W
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by NC ACC Hokie View Post
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/0...o-declare.html

    They don't want to pay their $5 million exit fee.

    If this keeps up, then schools like ND and the C7 giving up their share of the exit fee money in exchange for getting out clean with the NCAA units will look smarter and smarter.
    I personally feel that Boise State shouldn't pay the exit fee but TCU (who never played a game in the Big East like BSU) paid the Big East a $5 Million exit fee. It is true that the Big East (Catholic 7) no longer sponsors football but the AAC is legally the Big East that BSU committed to. The AAC does sponsor football. It seems like the Big East/AAC has been involved in more law suits the past decade than all the other conferences combined. I guess the AAC wants to make a little more cash since their TV deal is a joke.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    22,160
    Boise just made a horrible decision in moving to the Big East. What the BE tried to do was ridiculous and Boise should have been able to see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by NC ACC Hokie View Post
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/0...o-declare.html

    They don't want to pay their $5 million exit fee.

    If this keeps up, then schools like ND and the C7 giving up their share of the exit fee money in exchange for getting out clean with the NCAA units will look smarter and smarter.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    September 09, 2003
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    It seems like the Big East/AAC has been involved in more law suits the past decade than all the other conferences combined. I guess the AAC wants to make a little more cash since their TV deal is a joke.
    I think of the BE as the little brother that goes crying to momma every time the older kids tell him to get lost.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

    --Leonardo da Vinci

  5. #5
    BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 2001
    Location
    WAR 757!
    Posts
    49,192
    The AAC is the conference BSU was committed to. The New Big East bought the Big East Name from the conference now called the AAC.


    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I personally feel that Boise State shouldn't pay the exit fee but TCU (who never played a game in the Big East like BSU) paid the Big East a $5 Million exit fee. It is true that the Big East (Catholic 7) no longer sponsors football but the AAC is legally the Big East that BSU committed to. The AAC does sponsor football. It seems like the Big East/AAC has been involved in more law suits the past decade than all the other conferences combined. I guess the AAC wants to make a little more cash since their TV deal is a joke.
    ----------------

    Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

    --Ephesians 5:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •