Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    It may be unavoidable but if Worsham Field at Lane Stadium ever goes corporate - sad day.
    Doritos Field at Frito Lay-ne Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is a concept foreign at vt . Ad at unc is revenue driven not reduce expenses. The idea of an agressive ad pushing more revenue is foreign to ca tech or weaver . They are convinced vt is maxed out.

Btw unc did not say leave in the idea of more revenue .. It's the louisville model...
    You have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the VT AD considers when it comes to finances; neither do I!

BTW, it would do us ALL well to consider the expenses side of the ledger and not JUST address the increased revenue side when looking at finances. Only looking at how you can "grow the pig" to feed the gluttonous has gotten this country (and most athletic departments) in a world of hurt already!!

i am NOT suggesting the revenue side is not critical, because it is...only that we don't know WHAT our AD is thinking or planning. If it comes to selling naming rights, and there is no way around it, I'm sure they will consider that along with everything else!
    Last edited by HOKIERIT; Tue Apr 16 2013 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hailstatealum View Post
    I'd like pony.

that is bull, more like mentality of the sixties, amazing so out of touch

I look performance, of many peer schools, I see the AD of Louisville and what he's done in 10 years. I see the A&M of the world, and I see a bunch of small town folks with their heads in the sand.

But behind it is a philosophy in business, do you help your business better by reducing and flat lining operations, minimum investment in staff, and milk it or do you have a plan (we dont have any sort of strategic plan for athletics UNBELIEVABLE). We have no strategic long term goals, and I hear all about the alumni base has been maxed out.

Where is VT plan to increase the fan base??? where is the plan to explicitly seek corporate sponsors (no its not a golf game with the local small business car dealer or local plumbing business). Where is the plan to increase outreach to growing groups such as hispanics?? it takes money to make money.

That is what the NFL and NBA does...

Quote Originally Posted by HOKIERIT View Post
    You have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the VT AD considers when it comes to finances; neither do I!

BTW, it would do us ALL well to consider the expenses side of the ledger and not JUST address the increased revenue side when looking at finances. Only looking at how you can "grow the pig" to feed the gluttonous has gotten this country (and most athletic departments) in a world of hurt already!!

i am NOT suggesting the revenue side is not critical, because it is...only that we don't know WHAT our AD is thinking or planning. If it comes to selling naming rights, and there is no way around it, I'm sure they will consider that along with everything else!

so they are going to stop paying off people who could talk to the NCAA?

crooked school.
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
    Muhammad Ali

You have no idea what VTs strategic plan is