Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Now that basketball season is over will things heat up again?

Now that basketball season is over will things heat up again? I read some blogs earlier this year that mentioned the possibility. I guess a lot of the AD's were in Atlanta last weekend so there's the possibility that the conference commissioners were busy lobbying. I wonder how many AD's will report back to their presidents? IMHO, I don't expect anything to happen until the ACC exit fee lawsuit is decided and maybe by late spring/early summer at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Now that basketball season is over will things heat up again? I read some blogs earlier this year that mentioned the possibility. I guess a lot of the AD's were in Atlanta last weekend so there's the possibility that the conference commissioners were busy lobbying. I wonder how many AD's will report back to their presidents? IMHO, I don't expect anything to happen until the ACC exit fee lawsuit is decided and maybe by late spring/early summer at the earliest.
    I just posted this because this board is pretty much dead.

Does anyone have any clue when the exit fee will be settled? Will it drag on until June 30, 2014 (Maryland's last day in the ACC) or will it be settled soon (within next few months)?

Does anyone have any clue when the exit fee will be settled? Will it drag on until June 30, 2014 (Maryland's last day in the ACC) or will it be settled soon (within next few months)?
    I think the biggest turning point will be when the ESPN contract is announced. We'll know what's up then IMO. I think it will probably be enough to prevent ACC defections, but if it isn't, then it's on. And I think VT would be about the third or fourth team to move.

I've read the formal announcement of the SEC Network will be next week. Not sure what impact that will have.

Lots of rumors, and I stress rumors, that the B1G is going to get UVA + 1. That 1 is speculated to be anyone from GT to UNC to Syracuse to BC to FSU to Missouri to Kansas. Lots of fans outside the ACC surprisingly want to see the ACC fold, and it's not just WVU/Big 12 fans. Lots of B1G and SEC fans among them. The general consensus for their "dream" outcome is:

B1G gets UVA (ACC) and Missouri (SEC)
    SEC gets VT (ACC), UNC (ACC), and Duke (ACC)
    Big 12 gets FSU (ACC), Clemson (ACC), GT (ACC), NC State (ACC), Miami (ACC), and Louisville (ACC)
    And the rest of the ACC takes in the better AmAthCon schools

I highly doubt this happens.
    Last edited by hokieball; Thu Apr 11 2013 at 08:10 PM.

You Are Wrong About SEC Fans Wanting ACC To Fold.....

....I talk with many SEC fans from several different states and none want the ACC to fold. To the letter every one of them wants no other teams to come into the SEC. We want things to stay as they are.

May the ACC prosper and each entity enjoy their conference!

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevol View Post
    ....I talk with many SEC fans from several different states and none want the ACC to fold. To the letter every one of them wants no other teams to come into the SEC. We want things to stay as they are.

May the ACC prosper and each entity enjoy their conference!
    I think the Big 12 fans are the most likely to want to see the ACC fold. Most Big 10 fans didn't even want Maryland or Rutgers to join. The only Big 10 fans that want expansion are the ones living in areas without Big 10 schools like VA, NC, GA, FL, TX,... The only thing I've heard from most SEC fans is "if" they expand to 16, they think it would only make sense to expand with a school from NC and from VA to make 16. Most fans feel "16" is as big as they ever want to get. I hear that from ACC, SEC, and Big 10 fans all the time. I personally like an 8 or 10 member conference, but I'm old school and those days are long gone.

Boy would that be a nightmare scenario for UVA
    Quote Originally Posted by hokieball View Post
    I've read the formal announcement of the SEC Network will be next week. Not sure what impact that will have.

Lots of rumors, and I stress rumors, that the B1G is going to get UVA + 1. That 1 is speculated to be anyone from GT to UNC to Syracuse to BC to FSU to Missouri to Kansas. Lots of fans outside the ACC surprisingly want to see the ACC fold, and it's not just WVU/Big 12 fans. Lots of B1G and SEC fans among them. The general consensus for their "dream" outcome is:

B1G gets UVA (ACC) and Missouri (SEC)
    SEC gets VT (ACC), UNC (ACC), and Duke (ACC)
    Big 12 gets FSU (ACC), Clemson (ACC), GT (ACC), NC State (ACC), Miami (ACC), and Louisville (ACC)
    And the rest of the ACC takes in the better AmAthCon schools

I highly doubt this happens.

Not till the MD $50million gets decided.

That I may Serve is more than a motto at VT....

Yep. Got to wait to see what the real exit fee is.

Quote Originally Posted by UTPr0sim View Post
    Not till the MD $50million gets decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    Yep. Got to wait to see what the real exit fee is.
    Then don't expect movement anytime soon. The ACC is probably going to refuse to settle and draw out the process as long as they possibly can. Taking it all the way through trial (and appeals) could take 10 years.