Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I move that we refer to them as the LEC on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Interesting article from InsideTheACC.com that details how the old Big East -- the new AAC, hate that name -- will receive $44 million worth of NCAA Tournament units piled up by Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Louisville while those schools were part of the Big East. Those units will not come with those teams to the ACC, but will stay behind and go to the AAC.

One facet if those teams' exit from the Big East that I was not aware of is that NCAA Tournament units earned by those teams in the past will stay with the "Big East" -- the AAC -- after the breakup. I'm not sure if this is standard when schools move from conference to conference, or part of the negotiations to get out and head to the ACC.

Note that Notre Dame's units are going with the Irish. The Irish made other concessions in order to be able to keep their units and take them to the ACC.

The Big Money Behind the Big Dance
    ----------------

Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

--Ephesians 5:16

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Interesting article from InsideTheACC.com that details how the old Big East -- the new AAC, hate that name -- will receive $44 million worth of NCAA Tournament units piled up by Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Louisville while those schools were part of the Big East. Those units will not come with those teams to the ACC, but will stay behind and go to the AAC.

One facet if those teams' exit from the Big East that I was not aware of is that NCAA Tournament units earned by those teams in the past will stay with the "Big East" -- the AAC -- after the breakup. I'm not sure if this is standard when schools move from conference to conference, or part of the negotiations to get out and head to the ACC.

Note that Notre Dame's units are going with the Irish. The Irish made other concessions in order to be able to keep their units and take them to the ACC.
    Two questions: (1) will the Catholic Seven get a share of that, or does it solely remain in the remaining AAC?

(2) IRT ND's units, will that be spread across the ACC, or will ND hold that for themselves?

Thinking that if the remaining AAC keeps all of exCUSE, Pitt & Louisville's units, they're going to make out like bandits for a few years, then reality sets in... Hopefully the ACC really starts raking in the units once our new members arrive...long overdue!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Two questions: (1) will the Catholic Seven get a share of that, or does it solely remain in the remaining AAC?

(2) IRT ND's units, will that be spread across the ACC, or will ND hold that for themselves?

Thinking that if the remaining AAC keeps all of exCUSE, Pitt & Louisville's units, they're going to make out like bandits for a few years, then reality sets in... Hopefully the ACC really starts raking in the units once our new members arrive...long overdue!
    The new BigEast kept all units earned by to the 7 founding members, but doesn't get anything from any AAC member, ND, or any of their "new" members.

ND's units will belong to the ACC. while a school may "earn" the units, the units belong to leagues, so ND essentially got the AAC to agree to allow the NCAA to transfer units earned by ND to the ACC.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Yes, credits belong to the conference, not the school. The conferences then determine how the dollars from those credits (5 year payout) are apportioned to the schools each year. Some do equal among all schools. Some deduct tourney expenses then dole out equally, some give 20% to the schools that earned them then divide remaining 80% equally among all schools, etc.