(2) IRT ND's units, will that be spread across the ACC, or will ND hold that for themselves?
Thinking that if the remaining AAC keeps all of exCUSE, Pitt & Louisville's units, they're going to make out like bandits for a few years, then reality sets in... Hopefully the ACC really starts raking in the units once our new members arrive...long overdue!
"You start a conversation you can't even finish it
You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?"
- David Byrne
ND's units will belong to the ACC. while a school may "earn" the units, the units belong to leagues, so ND essentially got the AAC to agree to allow the NCAA to transfer units earned by ND to the ACC.
"This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC
Yes, credits belong to the conference, not the school. The conferences then determine how the dollars from those credits (5 year payout) are apportioned to the schools each year. Some do equal among all schools. Some deduct tourney expenses then dole out equally, some give 20% to the schools that earned them then divide remaining 80% equally among all schools, etc.