Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Huh? Whats with all the neutral site games?

Why would any of the ACC home games turn into neutral site games? Is that a part of the deal with them, that we have one neutral every year? Doesn't everyone want to use the ND game to help sell season tickets? And Miami needs butts in the seats at their stadium, which is already plenty big for Notre Dame.

ND really needs to be at BBurg, and neutral games with ND should be rare or at the expense of one of their home games, not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    Here's the link (ND-VT Neutral site, 2015)

Third post down...again, take it fwiw.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594&t=11418570

Quote Originally Posted by HOKIERIT View Post
    So would I!!! I go to Tech games equally to see the Hokies and to be in Blacksburg around my friends and where I spent my college years! I can even stand the crappy home schedules, BUT, when we give up our HOME games for some neutral site (FedEx, Charlotte, etc)...it's enough to make me consider giving up as well (as in giving up my season tickets)!

Playing ND in FedEx might just be the tipping point for me...You guys go and enjoy. I'll be at home watching on TV! I have already BEEN to my last Hokie game in FedEx!
    we've never (in the BCS era) given up a home game for a neutral site. The USC-w game was set up by ESPN and was a neutral site game all the way. Same goes for Boise St. Cincy sold THEIR home game to FedEx, not ours. The ECU game in CLT was a neutral game rotation in a long term scheduling agreement, and the CFA games in ATL are no one's home games, either.

that said, we may only have 6 home games instead of 7 in years where we play a neutral site game, but it's not like that game would have ever been anything but a mid-major or FCS game had it been at Lane anyway.

If we play ND at FedEX, it will be because ND sold THEIR home game, we can't tell them what to do with their own home games as long as we get whatever our contractual allotment of tickets is for any venue they choose to play it in. The ND game in Lane, whenever that may be (between August 2014 and November 2019), will be at Lane.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    we've never (in the BCS era) given up a home game for a neutral site. The USC-w game was set up by ESPN and was a neutral site game all the way. Same goes for Boise St. Cincy sold THEIR home game to FedEx, not ours. The ECU game in CLT was a neutral game rotation in a long term scheduling agreement, and the CFA games in ATL are no one's home games, either.

that said, we may only have 6 home games instead of 7 in years where we play a neutral site game, but it's not like that game would have ever been anything but a mid-major or FCS game had it been at Lane anyway.

If we play ND at FedEX, it will be because ND sold THEIR home game, we can't tell them what to do with their own home games as long as we get whatever our contractual allotment of tickets is for any venue they choose to play it in. The ND game in Lane, whenever that may be (between August 2014 and November 2019), will be at Lane.
    They have to play at UNC, Duke, FSU, Clemson, GT first. No reason for the conference to hook us up.

If THAT is the case re the ND game(s), I'm fine with it. Still, call it what you may (excepting Cincy), when we have less than 7 home games, I consider it giving UP a home game (or at least a home-game opportunity); even if it's a mid-major. As I said, a BIG reason I have had season tickets all these years is to be in Blacksburg among friends! MY personal order of importance for a home game has "opponent" at the bottom of the list!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    They have to play at UNC, Duke, FSU, Clemson, GT first. No reason for the conference to hook us up.
    i didn't say anything about WHEN ND would play VT. all we know is that they will play us once between 2014-2016 and once between 2017-2019. we don't know where either of those games will be at this point, but one of them will be in Lane.

that said, there was a lot of talk last Fall when the scheduling arrangement was first announced that the ACC (and ND) were interested in ensuring Beamer was taken care of in the scheduling when it was done. it has nothing to do with taking care of VT, it's all about Beamer.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

If THAT is the case re the ND game(s), I'm fine with it. Still, call it what you may (excepting Cincy), when we have less than 7 home games, I consider it giving UP a home game (or at least a home-game opportunity); even if it's a mid-major. As I said, a BIG reason I have had season tickets all these years is to be in Blacksburg among friends! MY personal order of importance for a home game has "opponent" at the bottom of the list!
    i understand completely, but we'll have to agree to disagree. given the choice of Alabama in Atlanta or USC-w in DC vs a home game with Western Michigan or App St, i take the 2 former options 100% of the time.

that said, i could do without another FedEx game...ever. start using Baltimore to host NCR games until the skins get a new stadium. FedEx is a dump.

i didn't say anything about WHEN ND would play VT. all we know is that they will play us once between 2014-2016 and once between 2017-2019. we don't know where either of those games will be at this point, but one of them will be in Lane.

that said, there was a lot of talk last Fall when the scheduling arrangement was first announced that the ACC (and ND) were interested in ensuring Beamer was taken care of in the scheduling when it was done. it has nothing to do with taking care of VT, it's all about Beamer.
    Wait and see, FSU and UNC will host ND before Beamer and VT does. And hosting them is where the money is at.

Each home game is worth $5million or so. And a game with ND is probably worth much more. How much you wanna bet UNC/Chael Hill get hooked up with a ND game before VT/Bburg does?

AS I predicted few weeks back.....ND would rush to get VT overwith /at home asap because of last seasons 6-6 record...plus they are supposed to be very good this coming year......

VT's ND return home game to BBURG likely to be further down line (after BEAMER retirement or ND & TV will push for neutral site. If VT admin agrees to the neutral site.....watch for a mushroon cloud to rise above Bburg with alums & fans launching a housecleaning revolt.

If game remains in BBurg -the demand for tickets by Governor & state legislature (their family, friends, political connections) will take toll on student/guest , high school passes, any other freebees (they may even exclude that game from season ticket package to accomodate the VIPS ) and jack the prices, and award those tickets by hokie club priority.

The above assumes VT has returned to form as a legitimate ACC crown contender with 9 or more wins per season, that Beamer, or replacement (if program still successful).

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    I'm more interested in going to South Bend.
    It's cool and all, but that brings no money to VT or the NRV.