Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

As 1st reported by Mercury below. Hot rumor on ND Board VT to play at ND in 2014, the

other school is NCSU. That would certainly be an interesting first two schools to play since those two are seen by the insiders and not the bloggers as the next two targets of the SEC.

http://notredame.rivals.com/showmsg....id=961&style=2

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    other school is NCSU. That would certainly be an interesting first two schools to play since those two are seen by the insiders and not the bloggers as the next two targets of the SEC.

That would be awesome if we got to play at South Bend in 2014. I just hope ND doesn't move it to a neutral location.

So, is the Syracuse game at the Meadowlands an ACC game (at Syracuse moved to NJ) or a ND game? I guess @ Syracuse. If that (and this rumor) is true, then we have ND vs Syracuse, Pitt, and Clemson to sell as a part of our TV package. It is easy to see how that translates into some major cash for the ACC.

On the other side of the coin, ND is apparently dropping Ariz State in exchange for us, a hit to the PAC-12 TV package. ND also has three Big Ten teams at home in 2014. I hope it is one of those that gets the knife for NC State.

I am pretty sure it is to get Frank a game in South Bend before he retires, but I would not be surprised to see it take the place of Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbler-100 View Post
    That would be awesome if we got to play at South Bend in 2014. I just hope ND doesn't move it to a neutral location.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbler-100 View Post
    Maybe Notre Dame will play Tech at FedEx Field since they know we travel well and never win a game in that stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Maybe Notre Dame will play Tech at FedEx Field since they know we travel well and never win a game in that stadium.
    I don't mind if we move one of our home games to Fed Ex, but I just would hate to miss out on a chance to play at South Bend.

I am pretty sure it is to get Frank a game in South Bend before he retires, but I would not be surprised to see it take the place of Ohio State.
    I'd definitely be willing to give up one or both OSU games to make sure the game at SB happens.

Neutral site in '15 from what I read

I saw something a few days back that had us playing ND at a neutral site in 2015. IIRC, Syracuse was their neutral site game in '14. I can't seem to find the link at this moment, but I recall it being on a ND message board of some sort. If I find it, I'll post it here, asap.

They are both rumors, so take them for what they're worth. Obviously I'd prefer to go to South Bend in '14. I'm not a big fan of neutral site games (bowl games notwithstanding), even if it is vs. Notre Dame.

Here's the link (ND-VT Neutral site, 2015)

Third post down...again, take it fwiw.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594&t=11418570

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    I saw something a few days back that had us playing ND at a neutral site in 2015. IIRC, Syracuse was their neutral site game in '14. I can't seem to find the link at this moment, but I recall it being on a ND message board of some sort. If I find it, I'll post it here, asap.

They are both rumors, so take them for what they're worth. Obviously I'd prefer to go to South Bend in '14. I'm not a big fan of neutral site games (bowl games notwithstanding), even if it is vs. Notre Dame.

Fingers crossed this right.