Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by TDVick View Post
    http://www.mrsec.com/2013/04/the-big...s/#more-268315

Notice that we aren't included in those rumors? It suggests to me that once conferences get above 16 members, scheduling becomes unwieldy - especially in the SEC's opinion. If so, then there are two "life rafts" in the SEC - assuming B10 doesn't want us. Not to mention that the SEC is far more desirable for us culturally and geographically than B10.

I conclude that our administration was irresponsible, reckless and idiotically myopic by not pursuing the SEC during the time that the SEC accepted Mizzou. No one on this board can credibly argue that the SEC wouldn't have preferred us to Mizzou. If we were preferred to Mizzou, then we could have easily gotten in the SEC.

Guess what people?! UNC is trying their best to burn us. Will they be effective? I don't know. If our administration had gotten off their asses and had some vision, we wouldn't have to consider this!

Any of you people that said "I like the ACC in its present form" want to try to argue otherwise?

I suspect there's a backdoor agreement that UVA goes B10, so that VT ends up in the SEC, but those whores at Carolina will try their damndest to bring along Duke. Things have to fall just right for us to end up in a good place. It didn't need to be this way!
    rothlmfao Paranoia is treatable. What a lot of tosh.

I hear you, and I trust you. However, it would be nice to hear a little more from ACC sources besides "all is well." If the ACC can't get a network or a fat upgrade from ESPN I think it's going to get ugly. I think we end up in a solid conference regardless but I would feel better about it if there were more voices on expansion from the ACC perspective.

IF the ACC holds and trades UM for UL then I am ecstatic. I just hope it can hold.

Read my post above to hailstatealum. Read what Hokie83 is posting. Read this post by HooLar http://www.techsideline.com/forums/s...ce-Realignment and you will get a good feel for where the ACC stands. If the ACC is doing their job...you won't know who is next until after the expansion happens. Think of the last 4 announcements. ND to play 5 ACC football games a year (this is bigger than most are giving it credit for), Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC and finally Louisville to the ACC...all of them caught most if not all by surprise.

The bottom line is that the ACC is in a lot better shape than the Click Collectors are saying, but if not as Hokie83 keeps saying, VT will find a great home.

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post
    I hear you, and I trust you. However, it would be nice to hear a little more from ACC sources besides "all is well." If the ACC can't get a network or a fat upgrade from ESPN I think it's going to get ugly. I think we end up in a solid conference regardless but I would feel better about it if there were more voices on expansion from the ACC perspective.

IF the ACC holds and trades UM for UL then I am ecstatic. I just hope it can hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Read my post above to hailstatealum. Read what Hokie83 is posting. Read this post by HooLar http://www.techsideline.com/forums/s...ce-Realignment and you will get a good feel for where the ACC stands. If the ACC is doing their job...you won't know who is next until after the expansion happens. Think of the last 4 announcements. ND to play 5 ACC football games a year (this is bigger than most are giving it credit for), Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC and finally Louisville to the ACC...all of them caught most if not all by surprise.

The bottom line is that the ACC is in a lot better shape than the Click Collectors are saying, but if not as Hokie83 keeps saying, VT will find a great home.
    This situation is very fluid and I can conceive of us getting screwed in an numbers squeeze. Even HooLar mentioned that in the bottom of his post:

A lot of this stuff is being fanned by so called experts and bloggers who are expressing opinion as fact based on what som "insider" has told them. From reading a lot of this bunk they have no clue as to what is going on and what will go on. No body knows right now. There are just too many factors involved.

Hokie83 seems pretty confident that we'll be alright if the ACC unravels. I hope so, I perceive B12 as a far worse outcome than SEC, due to travel considerations and lack of rivalries.

Quote Originally Posted by TDVick View Post
    This situation is very fluid and I can conceive of us getting screwed in an numbers squeeze. Even HooLar mentioned that in the bottom of his post:

A lot of this stuff is being fanned by so called experts and bloggers who are expressing opinion as fact based on what som "insider" has told them. From reading a lot of this bunk they have no clue as to what is going on and what will go on. No body knows right now. There are just too many factors involved.

Hokie83 seems pretty confident that we'll be alright if the ACC unravels. I hope so, I perceive B12 as a far worse outcome than SEC, due to travel considerations and lack of rivalries.
    on the surface, yes, but if we went to the Big12, it would be with FSU, Clemson and at least one-three of Miami/GT/NCSU most likely. so we would have a division of:

FSU
    Clemson
    Miami/GT/NCSU
    VT
    WVU
    + TCU and/or ISU most likely.

TCU and ISU suck, but it's not like we would be on an island.

all that said, the Big12 is still the 3rd best of the "realistic" options, and 4th best option overall (not counting B1G as realistic for VT, but that's just MHO).

i say ACC as is or with ND in full = #1, ACC falls apart, we go to SEC = #2, ACC crumbles we go to Big12 = #3
    Last edited by BUGGZY; Mon Apr 08 2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: forgot Miami!
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Read this post by HooLar http://www.techsideline.com/forums/s...ce-Realignment and you will get a good feel for where the ACC stands.
    That thread had some good info at the beginning and then turned hilarious. I've never seen a poster implode like that. Don't know how I missed it the first time around.