"The Hurricanes will build again and compete for future ACC titles"

Uh, probably not. What Jim Larranaga did this season, he did largely with Frank Haith's players (Shane Larkin excepted, and that's a big exception.)

Larranaga is 63. I wouldn't bet on the opinion that he's building some sort of long-last dynasty.

Too many excuses in defeat
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Uh, probably not. What Jim Larranaga did this season, he did largely with Frank Haith's players (Shane Larkin excepted, and that's a big exception.)

Larranaga is 63. I wouldn't bet on the opinion that he's building some sort of long-last dynasty.

I live in so fla and the delusion of canes fans is unreal. Sports radio is lading the rah rah brigade. There is also the belief that even if there was wrongdoing by Miami, they should not be investigated anymore because the NCAA did some improper things. When asked if they did anything wrong they just respond it doesn't matter because the NCAA was wrong.
    There are times I feel sorry for gator and Seminole fans.

Where I work there are five or six canes fans....none went to Miami and none have gone to any college.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats

Sorry, but I wouldn't exactly bet against Larranaga. They may not have the same success when North Carolina is back to full strength but they most likely will build a very solid team in the ACC. The ACC will become even more difficult going forward with Syracuse and Louisville coming in.

(And the fact that he did so well with players that weren't recruited for the way he wants to play the game says a lot about his ability as a coach. I think Larranaga who is much more of a name coach than anything Miami has had lately will be able to recruit well. There's a lot of basketball talent in the state of Florida.)

Not sure how long Larranaga will keep at it but try have recruited very well. Will obviously see a drop off next year but they have significant taken coming in. Deandre Burnett in particular is a big addition for them.

They'll be awful next season, but I don't have any doubt Larranaga will have that team back in the tournament with in the next 3 seasons.

It's so hard to stay afloat in the ACC. Coach K will retire an ACC coach. Gary Williams retired an ACC coach. Dean Smith retired an ACC coach. I can't think of any others in semi-recent times. I say this because I don't feel confident in making a prediction on Larranaga's future success at Miami given the ACC's nature of chewing people up and spitting them back out. I do believe he's a great coach and if anyone can keep Miami afloat it would be him.

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    I Gary Williams retired an ACC coach.
    Gary Williams didn't really retire. He was forced out by an incompetent AD.