Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHog38 View Post
    He is saying that every ACC school administration feels the exact same way as your VT administration does. How many times have I read that on this board? I mean his comment is bigger so it must be better? Did anyone at the dinner mention that GOR that no one in the ACC will sign? I mean just end the storm so no one will have to weather it!
    Hoolar isnt a VT fan

Quote Originally Posted by HooLar View Post
    I was in C'Ville this weekend for the basketball game and had dinner Saturday with a group of guys form UVA, Atlanta and UNC. We do this every year before the ACC Tourney to get our plans down. (if the line at Golden Corral gets too long for you boys try First Street Grill, they have a pretty good steak. The conversation got around to conference realignment and was pretty interesting. J. Delany and B1G are making enemies pretty fast. B1G is clearly the agressor in this latest round and have been very proactive. B1G has made their pitch to UVA, UNC, GT and others. UVA and UNC have told them they are committed to the ACC though both would look to B1g if things unraveled. Pretty clean neither wants to bail right now. Pretty clear B1G wants only 1 school per state in their scenairo.

Unhappy ACC Schools: FSU and GT. Both are having money problems but nothing to the extent Maryland was facing. Maryland had their backs to the wall and bailed for what they saw as their only way out. Opinions were divided on the exit fee litigation but no one thought they will ever pay the "whole boat." FSU is not happy about the northern schools coming in and along with GT they have never been happy about the perceived North Carolina influence on the ACC. The problem is where do they go that would be better. Neither is getting into the SEC. Their fan base doesn't want to go B1G. They could go to the BIG12 but would the difference in money be that much coupled with giving up a degree of control? Hoo knows.

I also talked with a guy I worked with a few years ago in the Alabama Athletic Dept. He says the SEC is fine with their 14 teams right now. The SEC does not want the B1G getting their foot print in the South and might be more proactive if that looks like it might happen. He says the Duke chatter is poppycock.

Bottom line is the ACC wants to hang together and weather the storm so to speak. They will re-do the TV contract as they are in a better position with the new additions and ND involvement than before. If the ACC can hold together that's where we will be.

A lot of this stuff is being fanned by so called experts and bloggers who are expressing opinion as fact based on what som "insider" has told them. From reading a lot of this bunk they have no clue as to what is going on and what will go on. No body knows right now. There are just too many factors involved.
    JIm Delany's aggressiveness is due to:
    1. The Big 10 footprint is projected to experience only 3 to 4% population growth in the next 25 years. The Big 10 states net growth in the 2010 census was 4.5% compared to the ACC states' 15%. Michigan's population decreased 0.6%. Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina had net gains between 15.3 to 18.5%. His Rust Belt conference is going to fall behind the ACC and SEC in TV viewers and that's not good news for the Big 10's future. No one, not even the experts know how college TV networks will do in the not so far off future. Technology is always changing. TV and internet could be all the same in a few years. Access could be through both at equal rates. Consumers could demand la carte instead of basic in the upcoming years. Even the BTN revenue projections aren't guaranteed. TBN could be a communications dinosaur in 10 years. Video store were very profitable in the 1980's to early 2000's. How many do you see in your town now?
    2. The ACC's latest expansion into Big 10 country (Pittsburgh and Notre Dame). Getting Syracuse and Pitt made Delany nervous that Penn State could leave for the ACC. That's why he added Rutgers and Maryland. Though Notre Dame is only a partial member, Delany wasn't happy to see the Big 10's long time target join the ACC. That move by Swofford put the ACC in the heart of the mighty Big 10. How dare the weak ACC do such a thing! They must now be punished!
    3. Arrogance. Delany, like most Big 10 people, think their conference is the best and can grab any school they want. They see it as an insult if any school would turn down the greatest conference on planet earth. The Big 10 sees the ACC as weak. The Big 10 did so well that they took Maryland and Rutgers. If they were as strong as they say they are, they would've taken UVa instead of Rutgers because nobody wanted Rutgers. Rutgers wasn't going anywhere. There's a reason RU was left on the table with UConn, USF, Cincinnati, and Temple. Maryland left the ACC in hopes of a big BTN payout and their new president's infatuation with everything that is Big 10.

He is from the University of Virginia, you know the one the Dude has in the B1G. HooLar has great connections at UVa and knows what they are thinking at the top of the University.

He is saying that every ACC school administration feels the exact same way as your VT administration does. How many times have I read that on this board? I mean his comment is bigger so it must be better? Did anyone at the dinner mention that GOR that no one in the ACC will sign? I mean just end the storm so no one will have to weather it!

Which is more than your posts mean to me.

Your an ACC homer. Even to the point of equating the ACC to the SEC. A new high even on this board. Your comments now and in the future on this board will mean as much to me as the blowing wind. I do not think your friends with nobody at Alabama. LOL

Yep he is an ACC homer...just like the UVa's and UNC's administrations are ACC homers. It kind of blows up the UVa and UNC rumors to the B1G over the last two weeks. ...and yes he is connected enough to know the situaion.

Your an ACC homer. Even to the point of equating the ACC to the SEC. A new high even on this board. Your comments now and in the future on this board will mean as much to me as the blowing wind. I do not think your friends with nobody at Alabama. LOL

I was in C'Ville this weekend for the basketball game and had dinner Saturday with a group of guys form UVA, Atlanta and UNC. We do this every year before the ACC Tourney to get our plans down. (if the line at Golden Corral gets too long for you boys try First Street Grill, they have a pretty good steak. The conversation got around to conference realignment and was pretty interesting. J. Delany and B1G are making enemies pretty fast. B1G is clearly the agressor in this latest round and have been very proactive. B1G has made their pitch to UVA, UNC, GT and others. UVA and UNC have told them they are committed to the ACC though both would look to B1g if things unraveled. Pretty clean neither wants to bail right now. Pretty clear B1G wants only 1 school per state in their scenairo.

Unhappy ACC Schools: FSU and GT. Both are having money problems but nothing to the extent Maryland was facing. Maryland had their backs to the wall and bailed for what they saw as their only way out. Opinions were divided on the exit fee litigation but no one thought they will ever pay the "whole boat." FSU is not happy about the northern schools coming in and along with GT they have never been happy about the perceived North Carolina influence on the ACC. The problem is where do they go that would be better. Neither is getting into the SEC. Their fan base doesn't want to go B1G. They could go to the BIG12 but would the difference in money be that much coupled with giving up a degree of control? Hoo knows.

I also talked with a guy I worked with a few years ago in the Alabama Athletic Dept. He says the SEC is fine with their 14 teams right now. The SEC does not want the B1G getting their foot print in the South and might be more proactive if that looks like it might happen. He says the Duke chatter is poppycock.

Bottom line is the ACC wants to hang together and weather the storm so to speak. They will re-do the TV contract as they are in a better position with the new additions and ND involvement than before. If the ACC can hold together that's where we will be.

A lot of this stuff is being fanned by so called experts and bloggers who are expressing opinion as fact based on what som "insider" has told them. From reading a lot of this bunk they have no clue as to what is going on and what will go on. No body knows right now. There are just too many factors involved.
    What you just wrote is EXACTLY where these rumors suggested we are. It's been fairly clear to any discerning reader of this board that UNC, UVA, and GT were legit targets of the B1G, that the B1G is wanting into the south, that FSU was unhappy with some of the goings on in the ACC (including the NC group and the northern additions), that GT and FSU were having money problems, that FSU and GT aren't really SEC considerations, that the SEC is happy w/ 14 "right now," and that the TV contract could do a lot to settle this thing down. Those are all "rumors" that you just confirmed. There's only a couple of things you stated that aren't exactly what has been indicated by this board's posts. These are that Clemson was along with FSU and not GT, as being the two most unhappy ACC teams and that Duke was a possible SEC candidate. So why the need to slam the bloggers and others that you pretty much just affirmed with your insider type info? Anyhow, thanks for sharing. Your post was pretty much a confirmation of where I would have guessed things stand with conference realignment. The way I see it, if that TV contract really sucks, this thing would quickly un fold with FSU, Miami, Clemson moving to Big12 and UNC, UVA, GT moving to the B1G. And I do think that, more than likely, VT and NCSt go to the SEC. Does that seem to be how you read it?

UVa vs. Arkansas posters: I have to say, the ACC is looking better and better (and smarter) than the SEC. Raise your game and level of class to that of Hoolar before throwing stones.

The table is set. If FSU and Clemson decide to move on, it's pretty easy to see how this think will shake out. Outside of joining the SEC, I would love to see Penn ST and ND join the ACC. I know that would take a miracle of sorts. Maybe Touchdown Jesus can intervene. Imagine the ACC with PSU and ND.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    curious, what or who do you know that gives you so much info on an ACC GOR? the SEC doesn't have a GOR, so what makes it such a good thing to have one?

do you know for sure that the ACC schools won't sign a GOR along with the new TV deal that is currently being negotiated with ESPN after the addition of ND and replacement of umd with L'ville? Do you have ANY idea what the new terms may look like for the ACC and its members?

why is it so important to you that the ACC "end the storm"? what's in it for you? the SEC doesn't want to expand unless they have to. if FSU and Clemson ended up in the Big12 you would be inviting tu and OU to expand recruiting efforts in the Southeast and Florida, so what's in it for you? you seem dead set on the ACC falling apart, and i'm curious why...
    You or this HooLar know nothing about what the SEC wants. There is one man that puts his name on what he posts on this board. That is Will Stewart. That post that this HooLar made sounded as phony as anything the Dude of WV ever put up. I ask him a simple question, he jumped on me. I say UVA will be in the B1G before next Christmas. See, I can post unsubstantiated crap on your board too!

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    UVa vs. Arkansas posters: I have to say, the ACC is looking better and better (and smarter) than the SEC. Raise your game and level of class to that of Hoolar before throwing stones.
    You and HooLar are smarter than nobody. I asked the phony a question. He threw the first stone. I do not guess I can throw them back by your rules.