Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHog38 View Post
    He is saying that every ACC school administration feels the exact same way as your VT administration does. How many times have I read that on this board? I mean his comment is bigger so it must be better? Did anyone at the dinner mention that GOR that no one in the ACC will sign? I mean just end the storm so no one will have to weather it!
    curious, what or who do you know that gives you so much info on an ACC GOR? the SEC doesn't have a GOR, so what makes it such a good thing to have one?

do you know for sure that the ACC schools won't sign a GOR along with the new TV deal that is currently being negotiated with ESPN after the addition of ND and replacement of umd with L'ville? Do you have ANY idea what the new terms may look like for the ACC and its members?

why is it so important to you that the ACC "end the storm"? what's in it for you? the SEC doesn't want to expand unless they have to. if FSU and Clemson ended up in the Big12 you would be inviting tu and OU to expand recruiting efforts in the Southeast and Florida, so what's in it for you? you seem dead set on the ACC falling apart, and i'm curious why...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Its way premature for any ACC schools to sign a GOR. The schools don't know the terms of the new TV aomtract. We don't know what the end game is for ND. The administrations in the ACC are smarter than that. If the ACC is going to make it it won't be because of a GOR at this point in time. Maybe down the road when the picture is a little clearer it could be viable. The SEC doesn't have a GOR. You seem to be trying your best to convince everyone the ACC doesn't have a chance. Whats up with that?
    He is saying that every ACC school administration feels the exact same way as your VT administration does. How many times have I read that on this board? I mean his comment is bigger so it must be better? Did anyone at the dinner mention that GOR that no one in the ACC will sign? I mean just end the storm so no one will have to weather it!

Quote Originally Posted by HooLar View Post
    Its way premature for any ACC schools to sign a GOR. The schools don't know the terms of the new TV aomtract. We don't know what the end game is for ND. The administrations in the ACC are smarter than that. If the ACC is going to make it it won't be because of a GOR at this point in time. Maybe down the road when the picture is a little clearer it could be viable. The SEC doesn't have a GOR. You seem to be trying your best to convince everyone the ACC doesn't have a chance. Whats up with that?
    Your an ACC homer. Even to the point of equating the ACC to the SEC. A new high even on this board. Your comments now and in the future on this board will mean as much to me as the blowing wind. I do not think your friends with nobody at Alabama. LOL

I do not think your friends with nobody at Alabama.
    Why is it that I hear Bill McKinney when I read this?

No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

With all due respect, I don't think you know who Hoolar is, where he lives, which SEC he writes for, and just how well respected he is. No flame intended. But he is very well connected at several schools, including at least one MAJOR SEC school.

Your an ACC homer. Even to the point of equating the ACC to the SEC. A new high even on this board. Your comments now and in the future on this board will mean as much to me as the blowing wind. I do not think your friends with nobody at Alabama. LOL

I'm sure Jessica Dorrell is proud of your response.

Thanks. I know your post was written with ACC and SEC info. Any sense from your group and your other sources about how desperate the Big 12 (with 10 teams) is?

Also, any sense if the BIG and Pac 12 have had any discussions with remaining Big 12 schools?

I was in C'Ville this weekend for the basketball game and had dinner Saturday with a group of guys form UVA, Atlanta and UNC. We do this every year before the ACC Tourney to get our plans down. (if the line at Golden Corral gets too long for you boys try First Street Grill, they have a pretty good steak. The conversation got around to conference realignment and was pretty interesting. J. Delany and B1G are making enemies pretty fast. B1G is clearly the agressor in this latest round and have been very proactive. B1G has made their pitch to UVA, UNC, GT and others. UVA and UNC have told them they are committed to the ACC though both would look to B1g if things unraveled. Pretty clean neither wants to bail right now. Pretty clear B1G wants only 1 school per state in their scenairo.

Unhappy ACC Schools: FSU and GT. Both are having money problems but nothing to the extent Maryland was facing. Maryland had their backs to the wall and bailed for what they saw as their only way out. Opinions were divided on the exit fee litigation but no one thought they will ever pay the "whole boat." FSU is not happy about the northern schools coming in and along with GT they have never been happy about the perceived North Carolina influence on the ACC. The problem is where do they go that would be better. Neither is getting into the SEC. Their fan base doesn't want to go B1G. They could go to the BIG12 but would the difference in money be that much coupled with giving up a degree of control? Hoo knows.

I also talked with a guy I worked with a few years ago in the Alabama Athletic Dept. He says the SEC is fine with their 14 teams right now. The SEC does not want the B1G getting their foot print in the South and might be more proactive if that looks like it might happen. He says the Duke chatter is poppycock.

Bottom line is the ACC wants to hang together and weather the storm so to speak. They will re-do the TV contract as they are in a better position with the new additions and ND involvement than before. If the ACC can hold together that's where we will be.

A lot of this stuff is being fanned by so called experts and bloggers who are expressing opinion as fact based on what som "insider" has told them. From reading a lot of this bunk they have no clue as to what is going on and what will go on. No body knows right now. There are just too many factors involved.

I'm sure Jessica Dorrell is proud of your response.
    Petrino has been fired. That is old news. Your so connected. How did that get by you?

Dude, you are welcome to post and your input is interesting to read. Please keep sending the links to your sources. But flaming on folks does not help progress the conversation.

Petrino has been fired. That is old news. Your so connected. How did that get by you?

Why do you wig out if anyone posts anything indicating that the ACC isn't the Hindenburg? Or that a number of the ACC institutions see this issue in similar ways? Or that universities may take something other than football into their decision making?

Hoolar, Perfesser and others are just offering what they know from their sources and a big picture perspective based on how academic administrators see the world. That's it.