Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

the twerps just lost their lawsuit to get out of paying the 50 mil...the hoos have 50 mil

Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post
    Same sources that broke MD to the Big 10, are now reporting that UVa very likely to the Big 10 by the end of the NCAA Tourney...

They have been consistently right, so I hope we have a seat at the SEC or Big 10 table, because being left behind in the weakened ACC is a nightmare.

Lol......

Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post
    Same sources that broke MD to the Big 10, are now reporting that UVa very likely to the Big 10 by the end of the NCAA Tourney...

They have been consistently right, so I hope we have a seat at the SEC or Big 10 table, because being left behind in the weakened ACC is a nightmare.
    Probably the ACC getting ready to do something. Easy for that guy to lead that MD was going. He was fed the info. Doubt he has sources at UVa and UNC. Let's forget UNC and Uva running from a league that they had power in to one where the WILL NOT. This could be a play on NOtre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by I85Hokie View Post
    Mizzou. They've never been shy about their desire to be in the Big 10, and they'd even abandon the mighty SEC for it. I don't think the SEC has an exit fee, and the Big 10 might want to add a Midwestern school to appease their Midwestern members.
    The SEC has no exit fee! It would not cost Missouri or anyone a cent to leave. However if Missouri leaves the SEC I would be shocked far more by that than anything that will happen in the ACC. It is not happening!

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    What I am hearing is the Big Ten will invite UVA, UNC, and GT to join the conference. If all accept then that increases the members to 17. Also, it looks like Johns Hopkins will be joining as a lacrosse member only (for now since the Bluejays play in DIII for all other sports). It looks like the Big Ten ultimately wants to expand to either 18 or 20 members which could put several schools into play. If I had to take a guess then I would say Duke, Syracuse, Clemson, or FSU seem to be the most logical for the 18th, 19th, and 20th spots.
    How would 20 teams in a conference work? You have 9 games against your own division and then your permanent rival and you never play the other teams?

Or the 20-team conference could split into two conferences, each calling themselves the "Big 10".
    ----------------

Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

--Ephesians 5:16

Flight Tracker. Still enroute.

Quote Originally Posted by YardBird View Post
    Cool, but how do you know that? Also, hope we don't end up in B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    Flight Tracker. Still enroute.
    Probably some high ranking Tech researcher using the Tech jet to get to Chicago and then taking a direct flight to Shanghai.

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    What I am hearing is the Big Ten will invite UVA, UNC, and GT to join the conference.
    Somebody tell me what is in it for these schools? Maryland seemed to be a unique case where everyone in power was new in their jobs and had ties to the midwest/Big 10. Also, their short term financials were in dire straights where they were willing to take a short term boost in revenue even if it meant losing money later on. None of these things apply to the 3 schools above (except maybe UNC but Thorp will probably still be there through any expansion talk.)

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    the twerps just lost their lawsuit to get out of paying the 50 mil...the hoos have 50 mil
    They didn't lose anything. They just failed to convince a judge to throw out the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfesser View Post
    Nice theory. Unfortunately, the B1G doesn't currently sponsor lacrosse. The idea of adding a school in a market you already "own" (courtesy of UMd) solely for a sport you don't sponsor is ... interesting.
    the B1G needs 1 more team to sponsor the sport with an NCAA bid from what i understand. that said, adding uva should solve that, so i don't know why Hopkins would be on the list unless the B1G just wants Hopkins in the CIC...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    Somebody tell me what is in it for these schools? Maryland seemed to be a unique case where everyone in power was new in their jobs and had ties to the midwest/Big 10. Also, their short term financials were in dire straights where they were willing to take a short term boost in revenue even if it meant losing money later on. None of these things apply to the 3 schools above (except maybe UNC but Thorp will probably still be there through any expansion talk.)
    Long Term Stability!