Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
  1. #1

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    1,891

    UVa to the Big 10 very likely...per MD board...

    Same sources that broke MD to the Big 10, are now reporting that UVa very likely to the Big 10 by the end of the NCAA Tourney...

    They have been consistently right, so I hope we have a seat at the SEC or Big 10 table, because being left behind in the weakened ACC is a nightmare.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    November 04, 2008
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post
    Same sources that broke MD to the Big 10, are now reporting that UVa very likely to the Big 10 by the end of the NCAA Tourney...

    They have been consistently right, so I hope we have a seat at the SEC or Big 10 table, because being left behind in the weakened ACC is a nightmare.
    Would losing UVa weaken the ACC? Say if we replaced them with UConn? What about Texas? If they keep taking our football dead wood the ACC could be strengthened. Also by covering more TV markets.
    Last edited by Buy These!; Tue Feb 19 2013 at 03:17 PM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    Would losing UVa weaken the ACC? Say if we replaced them with UConn? What about Texas? If they keep taking our football dead wood the ACC could be strengthened. Also by covering more TV markets.
    what if others go...

    http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...offer-virginia

    We do not want to be left at the table...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    February 03, 2001
    Posts
    1,768
    Should open the 757 back up. Not many parents going to travel to away games at Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota, etc., when they could be driving to several regional ACC destinations.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post
    Same sources that broke MD to the Big 10, are now reporting that UVa very likely to the Big 10 by the end of the NCAA Tourney...

    They have been consistently right, so I hope we have a seat at the SEC or Big 10 table, because being left behind in the weakened ACC is a nightmare.
    Good news, IMO... exactly what VT needs to get into the SEC.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post
    Same sources that broke MD to the Big 10, are now reporting that UVa very likely to the Big 10 by the end of the NCAA Tourney...

    They have been consistently right, so I hope we have a seat at the SEC or Big 10 table, because being left behind in the weakened ACC is a nightmare.
    I'll believe it when I see it. it's definitely possible that a Maryland board got the scoop on Maryland going to the B10... doesn't mean they know a thing about UVA or UNC's possibilities. Could be the emergence of The Dude of Maryland...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by NC ACC Hokie View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. it's definitely possible that a Maryland board got the scoop on Maryland going to the B10... doesn't mean they know a thing about UVA or UNC's possibilities. Could be the emergence of The Dude of Maryland...
    No, I have been a member of that board for years...they don't put out rumors. This is why I am concerned.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    11
    Friend you are so dictated to the SEC tht you dream a lot. I'll beleive this when
    it happens. Be careful what you wish for.

  9. #9
    Senior Member anchorsteam88's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22, 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post
    No, I have been a member of that board for years...they don't put out rumors. This is why I am concerned.
    Every board puts out rumors. They have just been lucky with them coming true.
    “You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands."

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 14, 2012
    Posts
    354

    If true, here's who I think #16 to the b10 will be

    Mizzou. They've never been shy about their desire to be in the Big 10, and they'd even abandon the mighty SEC for it. I don't think the SEC has an exit fee, and the Big 10 might want to add a Midwestern school to appease their Midwestern members.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •