Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Good take on Texas and the Longhorn Network.

You'll not see me shedding any tears over UT-sw falling on hard times. Heck, I'll probably just pop some popcorn, pull up a chair, and watch.

Always fascinating to see a train wreck, especially when you hate the train.

Was that article written by an Aggie? How long before Texas bolts to the Pac12?

Written by SEC site.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeridgehokie View Post
    Was that article written by an Aggie? How long before Texas bolts to the Pac12?

Glad they are not in the SEC. They certainly don't fit the 'all for one and one for all' model. How many conferences has TU destroyed?

Wow and some think the SEC and Big 12 are in lock step. I gotta feeling we will know why they are kicking at Texas fairly soon. Expansion junkies...keep an eye on Texas.

To the SEC, the B1G, or the ACC? ND factor in? Interesting how UT outsmarted themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Wow and some think the SEC and Big 12 are in lock step. I gotta feeling we will know why they are kicking at Texas fairly soon. Expansion junkies...keep an eye on Texas.

Texas has had serious discussions over the last two years with the ACC, PAC and B1G...this is public knowledge. They also have not been a fan of expansion in the Big 12. Everyone talks about the GOR's but if Texas goes the other top schools will hit the door so fast it will make your head spin and the GOR's will carry no wait.

I am just guessing on Texas where as I heard 10 years ago about ND and the ACC, but it would not surprise me if they like the Dallas Cowboys want to be in the NFC East if you get my drift and would want to be in the same conference with another huge athletic and academic brand name that I previously mentioned in this post.

GDR is not panacea .

Schools like Texas and nd as week as unc and duke have great brands .why should they sign off and delegate the rights to a 3rd party.

Texas will leave the b12 if they enforce the GDR. My bet PAC 12 with Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Texas has had serious discussions over the last two years with the ACC, PAC and B1G...this is public knowledge. They also have not been a fan of expansion in the Big 12. Everyone talks about the GOR's but if Texas goes the other top schools will hit the door so fast it will make your head spin and the GOR's will carry no wait.

I am just guessing on Texas where as I heard 10 years ago about ND and the ACC, but it would not surprise me if they like the Dallas Cowboys want to be in the NFC East if you get my drift and would want to be in the same conference with another huge athletic and academic brand name that I previously mentioned in this post.

Couple of points:
    (1) aTm made a GREAT move by joining the SEC. If they had stayed in the Big12 they would have ALWAYS been UT's red headed step child and by moving to the SEC they got out of the shadow of UT.
    (2) All is not that bleak for UT. If they make the right hire after Mac Brown they are right back at the top. UT is one of those few programs (Ala, USC, Mich, Ohio St) that even if they have a few tough years they can bounce back VERY quickly.
    (3) The SEC and Big12 may not be in lock step. The only reason why the SEC is "propping up" the Big12 is to harm the ACC. The SEC wants some ACC properties and that is only going to happen if the ACC fails. So the SEC, knowing that probably only one of the ACC and Big12 will be a part of the bg4 conferences, they are trying to stabilize the Big12. There is no love between the SEC and the Big12, but they are willing to work together for now.