Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 151
  1. #11

    Join Date
    October 21, 1999
    Posts
    5,247
    Maybe it's time for steger to retire as well change is good

  2. #12

    Join Date
    September 05, 2005
    Posts
    2,958
    EG didnt start talking about transferring until SG was fired. At that point EG wanted to see what kind of system the new coach would run before deciding to return. A big part of JJ being hired was to keep EG in the house, & to keep Harrell & Wood committed.


    Quote Originally Posted by hokiewasp View Post
    If not for Weaver firing Greenberg even Green would not be here this year.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    October 21, 1999
    Posts
    5,247
    Send a letter to the bov

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 30, 2012
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    Without Green and others that were rumored to be considering transfer prior to and after the firing, we would probably be in last place in the ACC. With the players that stuck around and our new coaching staff, we're in last place in the ACC. Right now, we have the same core of players from last year, with an additional year of experience under their belts. Just my opinion, but I don't think we look better than last year. I'm not suggesting that we should be in the NCAA tournament this year, but we should be seeing improvement. If anything, it seems like several players have regressed in their performance.
    Last year the core was Green, Davila, Hudson, and Finney Smith... I wouldn't say it's the same team.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    November 21, 2008
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Hoke View Post
    Yeah? Well guess what? Nobody's going to be part of rebuilding a program while the clowns that brought it down are still in charge. Get used to this utter embarrassment of a basketball program until a reasonable house cleaning comes. That means a new AD who can articulate a vision for the program's that can instill some confidence in recruits and their families that they won't be signing up to be part of one of college basketball's biggest jokes. Because that's what it is now, and the 4 star recruits aren't beating our doors down to be a part of it.
    Did you say nobody? Could you explain why Donte Clark is coming here? Thank you.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    November 28, 1999
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbler-100 View Post
    With respect to men's and women's basketball, VT is categorically doing nothing. I don't blame the coaches or players for that.
    I agree, good post.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    Chesterfield,VA
    Posts
    44,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Hokie View Post
    Maybe it's time for steger to retire as well change is good
    Be careful what you wish for. Based on what Steger has done for NCAA football (facilitated the new playoff system) we could do a lot worse. He has my support as long as wants to be at VT.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

  8. #18

    Join Date
    September 21, 2002
    Posts
    16,016
    What do you mean "JJ was left in"? You act like he was forced into this job. He voluntarily took the job. He knew what he was getting into. People need to stop blaming SG....he's not even here anymore but still gets the blame for this season. The actual person everyone should blame is JW. If anyone created a "mess", it was all of JW's doing. Until he leaves, nothing will change.

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiewasp View Post
    we are in the turn around process weren't you watching last year? Greenberg left this program in a royal mess. If not for Weaver firing Greenberg even Green would not be here this year. Suck it up you got your change last year and it will take time because of the holw JJ was left in-we need players-period

  9. #19

    Join Date
    August 08, 2003
    Posts
    11,332
    We were lucky to get JJ to come back--he left for a reason. To deny the condition the program had deteriorated to under Greenberg is not being realistic. VT's problem is a lack of players!
    Until we get a full allotment of scholarship players then what you see is what you get. To come on here and blame Weaver or Steger for the problem Greenberg created is being blind to the facts. How freaking bad would this team be this year without Green? Guess what if Greenberg would have stayed then Green was gone! JJ needs some time to clean up -to call for his head now is irresponsible!
    Quote Originally Posted by VTPhreak4evr View Post
    What do you mean "JJ was left in"? You act like he was forced into this job. He voluntarily took the job. He knew what he was getting into. People need to stop blaming SG....he's not even here anymore but still gets the blame for this season. The actual person everyone should blame is JW. If anyone created a "mess", it was all of JW's doing. Until he leaves, nothing will change.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    August 08, 2003
    Posts
    11,332
    you may want to check your facts on what Green's intentions were--you are right JJ's hiring kept him at VT--but you will also find that JJ's leaving was the startof Green's transfer talks
    Quote Originally Posted by HargraveHokie View Post
    EG didnt start talking about transferring until SG was fired. At that point EG wanted to see what kind of system the new coach would run before deciding to return. A big part of JJ being hired was to keep EG in the house, & to keep Harrell & Wood committed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •