Defense on last two possessions was terrible.

We gave them a clean 3 point shot and a clean lane to the bucket on the last series. We are very lucky to win with that kind of on ball defense. Rankin pretty much just cut Harris loose to the bucket. Raines had to really make a move to stop the duck leaving his man alone. He got the rebound but missed the bunny...Luckeeee

Quote Originally Posted by 133210Hokie View Post
    We gave them a clean 3 point shot and a clean lane to the bucket on the last series. We are very lucky to win with that kind of on ball defense. Rankin pretty much just cut Harris loose to the bucket. Raines had to really make a move to stop the duck leaving his man alone. He got the rebound but missed the bunny...Luckeeee
    I'm not sure if it was Rankin or Eddie. The guy who hit the late three was Eddie's man and he helped too much (IMO) on the high pick. I'm not sure if Eddie was supposed to stay with his man or if Rankin missed a switch and left him open, but the communication between the two of them sucked and one of them was on the wrong page, that's for sure.

It's an ACC win and that's what counts. Focus on the bright side
    even if it hurts your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 133210Hokie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Hokie 95 View Post
    I'm not sure if it was Rankin or Eddie. The guy who hit the late three was Eddie's man and he helped too much (IMO) on the high pick. I'm not sure if Eddie was supposed to stay with his man or if Rankin missed a switch and left him open, but the communication between the two of them sucked and one of them was on the wrong page, that's for sure.
    Seems the guys on defense want to help too much sometimes. A couple of those down low lay-ups by Wake are because 2 or 3 guys close in on the driver and leave their guys open. No one stays back to guard the pass, they just take the driver.

Same thing on that 3. Both guys went with the ball and no one covered the screener.