Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Nice pull on the article Will. The Dude is quite the character and has been talking about the next iteration of realignment for a couple months now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    It's The Dude again.

Note Brandon Patterson's comments about the Dude in this article:

http://www.secondlevelfootball.com/2...-news-machine/

The Dude abides

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    It's The Dude again.

Note Brandon Patterson's comments about the Dude in this article:

http://www.secondlevelfootball.com/2...-news-machine/
    nm

Apparently, Mr. Patterson believes him to be a "completely uninhibited loose cannon", "an internet troll extraordinaire," and the purveyor of "a litany of unverifiable and oft-contradictory rumors," and "a ticked-off Mountaineer fan who has an ax to grind with the ACC." And, from first-hand knowledge of his December 2012 performance, I'm going to havt to go with "no."
    "It's a half an inch of water, and you think you're going to drown."

Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    HIGHLY speculative theories. I don't buy it. The SEC has no reason to push this thing one way or another, as long as the BIG does not get in front of them. Author lost credibility when he suggested the SEC would lead the way in poaching.
    Theories? He's just making stuff up. That's all he does. He has no sources and he's already admitted to making up everything he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by st_andrew View Post
    And remind those of us who don't live this stuff: The Dude is reputable or no?
    He admitted to being a bitter liar who hates the ACC. He admitted to making up stories to try to destabilize the ACC. He's a 100% fake with no sources at all. So no, he's not reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by st_andrew View Post
    And remind those of us who don't live this stuff: The Dude is reputable or no?
    He's a WVU stooge who is bitter about not being invited to the ACC and his sole stated goal is to promote instability in the conference by pushing rumors and inuendo about schools being poached in order make actual poaching easier. His credibility is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by East Cobb Hokie View Post
    To requote VT stated position. VT will remain in the ACC as long as it is a viable football conference. and VT would not be the first school to leave the ACC.
    Yep. That would have been Maryland. Just sayin.

I think UL is a direct plug-in for UMd in the noted context.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefied View Post
    Yep. That would have been Maryland. Just sayin.

Tallahassee, FL (Tallahassee is a native American word meaning Old Town.from the mound at Lake Jaxon
    This sums it up to me:
    "Keep in mind I donít have direct knowledge of the discussion. I rely on friends at WVU and contacts within the ACC, Big 10 and SEC for this information and it can change quickly."
    How bout dem HOKIES!

Quote Originally Posted by yomar View Post
    http://www.eersauthority.com/big-10-...d-acc-schools/

Would hate to lose UVA as an in-conference rivalry. I assume we'd still play every year, but it is nice to beat them and not allow them to win titles, icing on a UVA beat down cake.

Would folks rather see Tech in the SEC or Big 12?
    This has to be one of the biggest crocks I have ever read. Your first clue that this is BS is it comes from "The Dude". That's the Eer swore up and down FSU and Clemson were gone last year and was nowhere to be heard from prior to Maryland bolting, so zero credibility. Second, this scenario resembles an Eer wet dream rather than a plausible re-alignment scenario. So the ACC - a stable, reasonably well funded athletic conference - is going to disintegrate all to the benefit of WVU? Really? That's just fantasy land stuff enduced by contaminated copper in that hillbilly's still.