Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Conference Realignment Resurrected?

http://www.eersauthority.com/big-10-...d-acc-schools/

Would hate to lose UVA as an in-conference rivalry. I assume we'd still play every year, but it is nice to beat them and not allow them to win titles, icing on a UVA beat down cake.

Would folks rather see Tech in the SEC or Big 12?

Quote Originally Posted by yomar View Post

Would hate to lose UVA as an in-conference rivalry. I assume we'd still play every year, but it is nice to beat them and not allow them to win titles, icing on a UVA beat down cake.

Personally, I'd definitely prefer the SEC to the Big 12 if forced to choose.

I agree. I like the footprint of the SEC better too. The Big 12 is more of a hodge podge of schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    Personally, I'd definitely prefer the SEC to the Big 12 if forced to choose.

Resurrected? It never died. Not if for some time, it's when now.

Boy move make vt irrelevant

UVA has the great Michigan and Ohio State. We get wv and Iowa state and the Texas crap. Unc gets Alabama and ga . Rest of us gets squeezed . I wonder if vt push back of sec caused this

It's pretty simple, if this scenario goes down, the SEC would want UNC/Duke first and foremost. UNC is one of the top brands in college sports, and coupled with Duke, they are a dynamic brand for hoops.

To that end, it would be hard for the B10 to pass on UNC. But, if they do, the SEC will take them over VT/NCSU.

But, its interesting that you see UVA playing Mich/Ohio St and not Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota and Iowa. The B12 offers a renewal of the WVU rivalry, probably FSU/Clemson/Miami/NCSU/Pitt and Texas, Oklahoma, Okie St, Kansas in hoops, KSU in football. Geographically, both are tough on VT but I don't see a lot of preference for the B10 over the B12 with regards to teams.

While I agree that the SEC would be best, the Big 12 as he describes would not be too bad. There's something about being able to keep our games with FSU, Miami, Clemson, and NC State that I like. Those are really my top 4 favorite ACC games. I sort of care about UNC, and we'd keep UVa as our in-state rival regardless. You'd think the Big12 would probably go to 16 as well, which makes Louisville and Pitt realistic options as 15/16. That actually sounds like a really nice schedule to me. I know everyone hates WVu, but I do miss that rivalry - a lot. Not saying I would attend the away games, but I'd like to get that opponent back. Add in the occasional game against Texas and Oklahoma, and I'm fine with that. Every conference has their Iowa States.

head spinning.

eersauthority?

What... was Dude from WV too reputable a source?

With that said, and if this is true (highly unlikely) we're as good as gone to the SEC. UVa isn't going anywhere without VT, and if they do, it means we've already found other arrangements.

List the two conferences out next to each other:

1. Ohio State = Texas
    2. Michigan = Oklahoma
    3. Penn St < FSU
    4. Michigan State > Oklahoma St
    5. Nebraska = Clemson
    6. Wisconsin = VT
    7. Minnesota < WVU
    8. Iowa = Miami
    9. Virginia = Kansas
    10. Ga Tech = NCSU
    11. Indiana = KSU
    12. Northwestern < Pitt
    13. Illinois = TCU
    14. Maryland = Baylor
    15. Purdue = Texas Tech
    16. Rutgers = Iowa St

As you can see, pretty equitable split between the two. The B10 has some reflection of tradition, but Rutgers is doing a pretty good job of soiling that. There is some geographic intimacy in the heart of the B10, but the B12 offers really two of those: the midwest B12 vs. the Southeast B12.