Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DILLVT View Post
    I'm going to hold on my outrage for a day or two just to make sure.
    I think this could be the end of Te'o or the end of Deadspin.

ND is apparently going to issue a statement on the article shortly...can't wait!
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Either Te'o or Deadspin will need to crawl under a rock and not come back.

This is like something from a movie.

Yeah. It sure doesn't look good.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

It's true. ND just released this statement

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Teo

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Teo and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
    University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

https://www.facebook.com/NDFootball/...53537038009180

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    ND is apparently going to issue a statement on the article shortly...can't wait!
    so ND has issued their statement. apparently Te'O notified the coaches on 12/26 that he was the victim of a hoax. my first reaction is, "wow, that boy is not very sharp". my 2nd reaction is, "given the timing, could that explain why he was invisible in the championship game?"

bizarre no matter how you look at this...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by nolanvt View Post
    Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

I don't believe that statement either. It still doesn't add up

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    so ND has issued their statement. apparently Te'O notified the coaches on 12/26 that he was the victim of a hoax. my first reaction is, "wow, that boy is not very sharp". my 2nd reaction is, "given the timing, could that explain why he was invisible in the championship game?"

bizarre no matter how you look at this...
    Definitely strange. And had he never met his "girlfriend" in person? I'm confused.

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Teo

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Teo and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

But I thought he met her after the Stanford game? But she doesn't exist? He has to be part of this doesn't he?

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

Oh... Te'o wasn't in on the hoax?

Hmmm... funny... Considering he claims to have met her and spoken with her nightly on the phone and entered into a physical relationship with her... ND is just trying to maintain their image with that release.