Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nolanvt View Post
    Deadspin usually isn't a bunch of message board gurus.
    I think he means the original storytellers (SI, ESPN, etc.)
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by nolanvt View Post
    Deadspin usually isn't a bunch of message board gurus.
    I would hope nobody would come up with something this disgusting. Anything is possible, so who knows. Some old articles even quoted family members, so if it's a hoax, it's pretty elaborate.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Ah. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    I think he means the original storytellers (SI, ESPN, etc.)

From his press conference in November (from UND.com):

Q. How hard was it being focused on football but knowing that there is a bigger picture

Manti Te'o: Yeah, it was definitely hard. That has to be the hardest thing that I've had to do so far; to be able to operate, and to be able to try to continue with my daily routine, but knowing that I just lost two women that I truly loved. That was the hardest thing. And the other hardest thing was my girlfriend's service was the day of Michigan's game. And I remember when I found out I knew when they were going to close the casket and all that stuff, and it was during walk thru. And I remember I asked Coach Diaco, "Coach, what time is it?" And he said, "It's 12:01." And that would be 9:00, 9:01, California time and 9:00 is when they closed the casket for my girlfriend, so I had a moment then. But I've never felt so strong; especially strong, and I never I could never thank the student body and the fans around the world for their all love and all their prayers and support. I truly felt all of that and it's helped me to get through these past three weeks and I'm truly grateful and I'm truly humbled, and I said I can't thank them enough.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    From his press conference in November (from UND.com):

Q. How hard was it being focused on football but knowing that there is a bigger picture

Manti Te'o: Yeah, it was definitely hard. That has to be the hardest thing that I've had to do so far; to be able to operate, and to be able to try to continue with my daily routine, but knowing that I just lost two women that I truly loved. That was the hardest thing. And the other hardest thing was my girlfriend's service was the day of Michigan's game. And I remember when I found out I knew when they were going to close the casket and all that stuff, and it was during walk thru. And I remember I asked Coach Diaco, "Coach, what time is it?" And he said, "It's 12:01." And that would be 9:00, 9:01, California time and 9:00 is when they closed the casket for my girlfriend, so I had a moment then. But I've never felt so strong; especially strong, and I never I could never thank the student body and the fans around the world for their all love and all their prayers and support. I truly felt all of that and it's helped me to get through these past three weeks and I'm truly grateful and I'm truly humbled, and I said I can't thank them enough.
    What a POS. karma will get him

Quote Originally Posted by reestuart View Post
    I'm not going to be surprised when it comes out that somebody did some shoddy research.
    On first blush the original SI reporter did a shoddy job. when he mentioned her the reporter never tried to contact her family?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    Disgusting.

This situation REEKS of having been at least planned in part by Brian Kelly.

Holy wow... just got to the part where Tuiososopo is the link between the fake gf and the real person whose pictures were used as her online alias... what kind of messed up propaganda machine was running at Notre Dame this year?!?!
    Where do you get that? Is everything in your world a conspiracy?
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

ygbsm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to hold on my outrage for a day or two just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    Where do you get that? Is everything in your world a conspiracy?
    I would tell you where to shove it, but I don't want to violate the TOS.