Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

new ESPN article mentions the possibility of VT to SEC

saying sources at UConn and Cincy think the Big 10 will grab UNC and GT
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...bbing-big-east

Not a chance in hell. We signed a letter!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyHokie84 View Post

Nothing new. That's based off the earlier rumors, as I read it.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    Nothing new. That's based off the earlier rumors, as I read it.
    sounds more like wishful thinking for Cincy and UConn, to me.

also, i don't think Boise St is going back to the MWC (yet). i think they will play the 2013 BigEast schedule as planned. that said, i could see a scenario in 5 years or so where Boise St, Houston, SMU, San Diego St, Fresno St and UNLV (the latter 2 rumored to be in talks with the BigEast) break off the BigEast and start a new western all sports conference by cherry picking Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado St, Air Force, Utah St and BYU to form a new 12 team league. i don't think Boise wants to be seen "crawling back" to the MWC.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Hard to take this seriously. He makes no mention of what would happen with UVa. No way is VT going to the SEC and leaving UVa behind in an ACC without UNC. And don't give me this BigXII nonsense either.

I'd go back to the MWC in a heartbeat. This isn't the BE that Boise signed on to. They've hade some great years playing out west.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    sounds more like wishful thinking for Cincy and UConn, to me.

also, i don't think Boise St is going back to the MWC (yet). i think they will play the 2013 BigEast schedule as planned. that said, i could see a scenario in 5 years or so where Boise St, Houston, SMU, San Diego St, Fresno St and UNLV (the latter 2 rumored to be in talks with the BigEast) break off the BigEast and start a new western all sports conference by cherry picking Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado St, Air Force, Utah St and BYU to form a new 12 team league. i don't think Boise wants to be seen "crawling back" to the MWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    I'd go back to the MWC in a heartbeat. This isn't the BE that Boise signed on to. They've hade some great years playing out west.
    from the outside, anyone would. i just don't think Boise will...

they had a chance last summer and told the MWC, "no thanks". Boise is looking forward to winning the BigEast and a BCS bid in 2013. i also think they are looking forward to making more east coast teams come play in Boise. the marriage won't last long unless the BigEast makes some sweeping changes, though (maybe creating a 6-8 team all sports western division instead of all the football only schools would be a good start).
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Good points. I forgot that the BE wiil till have an auto-bid in 2013. But ya gotta wonder if there will be larger exit fee issues if the play a year and leave vs. never starting in the BE.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    from the outside, anyone would. i just don't think Boise will...

they had a chance last summer and told the MWC, "no thanks". Boise is looking forward to winning the BigEast and a BCS bid in 2013. i also think they are looking forward to making more east coast teams come play in Boise. the marriage won't last long unless the BigEast makes some sweeping changes, though (maybe creating a 6-8 team all sports western division instead of all the football only schools would be a good start).

Hoos have been supposedly mentioned by Big 10 along with GTech..... wish we were ones on B10 mind... could deliver state of Va and compete successfull & contribute to B10 prestige......we could compete & win conference (althoughh Maryland would oppose)

if we go to SC---- would be suicide UNLESS ADMINISTRATION ETC AGREE TO ROLL IN THE SEC "FLY COVERED M U D" ---wink wink

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    Hard to take this seriously. He makes no mention of what would happen with UVa.
    UVA and Duke know where UNC buries its bodies. There's no way UNC would change conferences without them. The back-channel politics would look like white-hot nuclear death--an academic scandal would be the least of UNC's worries.