Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Not so fast Big XII...ND is bullish on the ACC

great article...and I like they are saying more money than the Big XII

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...n-raid-for-now

Well, until the Big 10 says they want more

Notre Dame feels like the kid? That's hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tcc_dc View Post

Too bad they aren't "bullish" enough to join as a full member.

As for the "Big 10's raid on the ACC," I don't consider Maryland's departure as being raided by thr B1G. They willingly seeked out the B1G. Delany was afraid of losing the remaining Northeast TV market to the ACC, so he grabbed Rutgers and Maryland just happen to be "for sale" at the time. Swofford's pick-up of Notre Dame forced Delany to react. A true raid of the ACC would be Georgia Tech and UVa or Duke and UNC, or all 4 to the B1G.

Patience Grasshopper. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Patience Grasshopper. :-)
    Exactly why I wasn't reading too much into your post before. This is terrible IMO. We will be stuck with more of the same.

So tell me what I think...since you seem to know more than I do about the subject.

Why don't you tell me why I was reading too much into your post when I was assuming that the vt admin...and all others...think nd will save us and navy adds something better than the sec does? You then go on to further my thinking this way by saying that Clemson and fsu both are ok with this plan. I'm not trying to tell you what you think. I am asking you to tell me how I read too much into your post. For my peace of mind really.

Look, you have to understand that there are a lot of us out here that have been wanting VT in the SEC for a very long time now and think that when the sec does expand to 16 or 20, that if we are not in it....the door is shut for forever. Some of us get very tired of having to stick up for an acc that we really know we can't stick up for. And that acc includes notre dame and the likes. I'm sorry that I don't see adding notre dame, navy, or the academies the same way you do.

We screwed up by adding Loserville. 14 is a nice number. B1G and SEC are already there. I think they would do well to stay.

P-12 needs two. BYU (national following)and UNLV (big non-pro TV market) would be good pick ups that add value.

Big XII needs four. Loserville and Cincy should be a package deal and would give our dentally challenged neighbors some shorter road trips. Memphis ties those three into the main body of the conference. USF is a huge school, in a big TV market, in FLORIDA. Instead of Louisville, Big XII could take Houston.

Five conferences of 14 teams each can coexist peacefully.

Obviously, I put a lot of stock in what you and hokie83 write in here. I have been reading it without writing anything for months now. When I read the nd and navy post I had to try to get it out there that at least one hokie doesn't like that more than being in the sec. That is all.

All I can say is if you want the demise of the ACC then there is nothing I can say to you that will make you feel better. In fact anything I say that will make you think that the ACC survives and thrives one day will make you mad. You don't want my opinion unless it supports your opinion that the ACC folds and we will end up in the SEC...like some, but not all Hokies. So why are we discussing something that only sends you off angry? What is the point?