Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak View Post
    And let's hope if there is hypothetically only one spot available and we have first dibs - knowing fsu and clemson are next in line - we go instead of being left behind.

I know vt doesnt want to break the levy but i wonder to what extent. Have to believe the bov and admin could see the writing on the wall and break the acc levy if need be.
    I have heard that we will NOT break the levy!! BUT, once broken.......

Quote Originally Posted by hokie77 View Post
    Some of Weaver's responses in that article are very disturbing. Sounds like we're staying put regardless of what happens with other ACC members.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/317718
    As HokieNC and Hokie83 said, Weaver left the door open if other schools depart. He also said that revenue isn't a problem and that we wouldn't leave for that reason. He did not temporally caveat that, but I think that such a caveat must be implied. Given the recent President's letter, this is actually as open as Weaver could be to a eventual move. As I said either yesterday or Thursday, if the ACC loses major teams, we will not stay. One more team leaves... Even FSU... Maybe we still stay. More than just one? That leads to a Death Star exploding scenario. And I have to think that, much like Vader in his TIE fighter, we'll right the ship and find a safe place to land.

Resigned to being just a nice school with good athletics. Cannot compete with the big boys and seemingly no desire to do so. Why don't we let the SEC determine their champion and crown them king. All other schools have a bowl system or playoff without SEC.

Some of Weaver's responses in that article are very disturbing. Sounds like we're staying put regardless of what happens with other ACC members.

I cannot wait for the court case Maryland vs acc. This will decide everything. Should be a great 2013

As for Jim Weaver RETIRE!

Its no country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie83 View Post
    IF FSU and or Clem leave we are gone, its that simple..
    I'm certainly no insider, no connections etc. However I get the feeling that as long as the carolina schools and uva stay, vt will not leave the acc

What's disappointing from the article we are really lagging behind in facilities and no plans to catch up but be adequate. Sounds like to me to fund better facilities we should discontinue some minor sports program to fund facility growth. Or change our revenue model.

Anyone know where are the profits going?

Tech must decide if we are in it 100 % or not.
    Status quo to me is unacceptable.

You can say you think or have heard that the other 2 conferences are comfortable at 14, or you can read quotes from members of those conferences that say that 16 is just a matter of time, helps with scheduling, is likely to happen, etc. Doesn't seem like a mystery that they will go to 16 sometime.

Gone where? With Weaver continuously playing that league of academics excellence card, the SEC might just think Tech is acting a little bit to snooty for their tastes.

My takeaway is that VT is completely vested in keeping the ACC in tact because if it were to fall apart 1) it is felt they have little chance of being offered Big ten membership and 2) they have no interest in being in the SEC or Big 12 except as a last resort.