Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    stiney actually is not bad oline guy... its oc we have an issue with
    Preach the truth brother copeland!

I really like what I read about him the this article

Quote Originally Posted by br1990 View Post
    Regardless of how true this is, BS could be a decent head coach. Obviously, he has much to prove, but he's definitely more of a manager (coach) than an engineer (coordinator).
    You think? Sometimes I think BourbonStreet and BryanStinespring are the same person. I can't gather a coherent message from either.

My guess is he would already be at his new HC job for recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Closely resembles rumors that have been making the rounds for weeks now. Stiney getting a head coaching gig is a new one, though.
    What school wouldn't want their new head coach out in front of potential recruits?

In a different "system" than he would be under a guy like Franklin. I am not a fan of what Stiney has demonstrated as a coach, not by a long shot. I still see no reason why he couldn't be an effective position coach in a proven, simple system where he just did what he was told.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoker9600 View Post
    Other than the fact that he was an ineffective OL coach.

What doesn't seem right about hiring Franklin, is that it goes against Frank's known decision making history. He hasn't traditionally endorsed the Spread, no huddle, he usually doesn't go far and wide to hire someone, he usually goes low risk in changes. This is a very high risk hire for him if it is true. If Franklin can't or is unable to install his offense system successfully under Frank, that decision just reinforces Beamer's basic football strategy. Its a major directional change for Frank, and he usually isn't a major change guy. So, while I'm not saying it won't happen, this would really astound me if its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Closely resembles rumors that have been making the rounds for weeks now. Stiney getting a head coaching gig is a new one, though.

What kind of QB is best for his system? I would think accurate and quick decision maker. With limited data on a couple fronts, I am hoping Leal starts in that system and we utilize Logan in other ways. BTW, Franklin's O seems to be anti-Beamer philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by br1990 View Post
    Regardless of how true this is, BS could be a decent head coach. Obviously, he has much to prove, but he's definitely more of a manager (coach) than an engineer (coordinator).
    I would agree with this. I don't understand why some people don't see the differences between being a head coach and being a coordinator.

Occam's Razor says the simplest explanation is often the most appropriate (yes I know that in itself is an oversimplication of the axiom). In this case, while it does seem to be to good to be true, the counter point to that is the offensive woes of VT are pretty obvious, pervasive, and the existing set of coaches don't have the answers to fix them. The conditions that were laid out in that blog allows everyone to save face, as well as protects Beamer's loyalty rep. The additional piece of the puzzle is Tony Franklin played his college ball at Murray St. where he was a teammate of Fosters, although he graduated prior to Beamer's arrival. The connections are all there for this to make sense. In short, IF the change is coming, it's going to look a lot like this and hats off to whoever orchestrated it because it would be a masterpiece of change management.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokebury View Post
    What doesn't seem right about hiring Franklin, is that it goes against Frank's known decision making history. He hasn't traditionally endorsed the Spread, no huddle, he usually doesn't go far and wide to hire someone, he usually goes low risk in changes. This is a very high risk hire for him if it is true. If Franklin can't or is unable to install his offense system successfully under Frank, that decision just reinforces Beamer's basic football strategy. Its a major directional change for Frank, and he usually isn't a major change guy. So, while I'm not saying it won't happen, this would really astound me if its true.

1. We already run a spread most of the time. Read option + inverted veer option and everything. 3 wide. 4 wide. shotgun. pistol.
    2. Franklin played at Murray State with Foster (Beamer coached after he graduated though) so there is a connection, someone can potentially "vouch" for him.
    3. Franklin aired Kentucky's dirty laundry in a book. And he was the only coaches to be cleared by the NCAA. To a lot of coaches that may seem disloyal. And Beamer is big on loyalty. But if Beamer really runs a clean program, that whistleblower / no cheating attitude may be welcome in Blacksburg.
    4. Despite the Air-Raid reputation of his offense, Franklin has La. Tech running more than passing.
    Last edited by ShockWaveVT; Wed Dec 05 2012 at 12:54 PM.