Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

App State just opened up. That would seem to be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    FCS? while not his ideal, maybe, it gives him an easy exit and a safe place to land and prove his worth for future HC gigs. many have said he would make a great HC despite his inability to thrive as a coordinator. who am i to argue?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Closely resembles rumors that have been making the rounds for weeks now. Stiney getting a head coaching gig is a new one, though.
    Regardless of how true this is, BS could be a decent head coach. Obviously, he has much to prove, but he's definitely more of a manager (coach) than an engineer (coordinator).

Quote Originally Posted by VTUD View Post
    Unless Stinespring does get a HC job,I don`t see him leaving. He is a valuable recruiter. If both Newsome and Stinespring leave,who comes in to coach the OL? Does the new OC bring his own guy? I`ve read that someone like Franklin would want total control over the offense.
    So you want to keep him on staff? Doesn't NCAA say only "coaches" can recruit? So, recruiting coordinator Cav can't actually travel to a student's home. Do you want to keep Stinespring on staff so he can remain a "coach" or do you want to give him an administrative position, where we pay him, but he can't travel to recruits?

Well, Tony Franklin is free for the holidays. Thanks to no bowl.

I see no reason to believe that Stinespring wouldn't be able to coach players in somebody else's system, especially a butt simple system like Air Raid. What Stinespring clearly cannot do well is construct, teach and implement an effective system of his own. I wouldn't be upset at all with bringing in a successful system/coach and retaining Stinespring as an offensive position coach and recruiter. Probably could be an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by br1990 View Post
    So you want to keep him on staff? Doesn't NCAA say only "coaches" can recruit? So, recruiting coordinator Cav can't actually travel to a student's home. Do you want to keep Stinespring on staff so he can remain a "coach" or do you want to give him an administrative position, where we pay him, but he can't travel to recruits?

Quote Originally Posted by br1990 View Post
    As a coach,not the OC.

Other than the fact that he was an ineffective OL coach.

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hokie View Post
    I see no reason to believe that Stinespring wouldn't be able to coach players in somebody else's system, especially a butt simple system like Air Raid. What Stinespring clearly cannot do well is construct, teach and implement an effective system of his own. I wouldn't be upset at all with bringing in a successful system/coach and retaining Stinespring as an offensive position coach and recruiter. Probably could be an asset.

See jet thread below. VT jet may have brought Franklin to Bburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Closely resembles rumors that have been making the rounds for weeks now. Stiney getting a head coaching gig is a new one, though.
    You gotta admit, it would be the one way for Beamer to stick to his core values and still make the necessary changes. I wonder if Beamer hasn't been on the phone with some non-AQ programs trumpeting Stiney for a head coaching gig so that Beamer can "fire" him while letting them both save face.

I never realized that Franklin played at Muarry State with Bud