Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Agree on the trip to Louisville. As one who likes to bet the ponies, would love to see Churchill Downs. I've actually heard many good things from other fans who have visited. Sounds like Louisville has been good to their visitors. aka, not Morgantown.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie77 View Post
    Just curious, you seem to indicate in your posts your desire for us to remain in the ACC, regardless. Not sure the majority of fans share your viewpoint. I admit I'm liking the idea of the ACC imploding, if for no other reason, to get us out of a conference that is obviously partial to basketball schools and never really wanted us as a member.
    On the contrary. I'm a HUGE advocate of leaving the ACC for the SEC. I'm simply stating what I believe to be the reality of the situation--that the ACC will remain viable for at least the nex few years.

WADR expansion in the Big 4/5 conferences will not stand pat for 5 years and certainly not in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Skills View Post
    Once again, the Dud and his scared Big 12 friends cause an internet firestorm. Keep in mind, this is the same idiot that tweeted in May that "if FSU and Clemson aren't in the Big 12 by Aug 1 then I'll stop blogging and tweeting". He also said last week that UVA has officially applied to the B1G. It's just a shame that he doesn't live up to his promises to stop blogging.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sp...ig-ten-rumors/
    In the past 15 months, FSU, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and now Georgia Tech have vehemently denied rumors of being courted by other conferences. Of all the responses, we have had the most memorable..."Poppycock!" I expect that UVa or BC to the Big 10 are next in order.

...and they are all still in the ACC in spite of the predictions they would be gone by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    WADR expansion in the Big 4/5 conferences will not stand pat for 5 years and certainly not in the ACC.
    ....and there we agree

These statements are only somewhat believable. They are not by any means definitive. Texas A&M said the same things right up until the the day they announced they were moving.

"We're not going anywhere."
    "We're happy with the Big 12."
    "We haven't been in any conversations with anyone from other conferences"
    "See you guys later."

[QUOTE=I expect that UVa or BC to the Big 10 are next in order.[/QUOTE]

UVA and UNC made official statements this week denying the rumors about them