Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...and now GT releases their statement to calm the chicken littles

Once again, the Dud and his scared Big 12 friends cause an internet firestorm. Keep in mind, this is the same idiot that tweeted in May that "if FSU and Clemson aren't in the Big 12 by Aug 1 then I'll stop blogging and tweeting". He also said last week that UVA has officially applied to the B1G. It's just a shame that he doesn't live up to his promises to stop blogging.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sp...ig-ten-rumors/

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Skills View Post
    Once again, the Dud and his scared Big 12 friends cause an internet firestorm. Keep in mind, this is the same idiot that tweeted in May that "if FSU and Clemson aren't in the Big 12 by Aug 1 then I'll stop blogging and tweeting". He also said last week that UVA has officially applied to the B1G. It's just a shame that he doesn't live up to his promises to stop blogging.

Ah, the power of the Interwebs. Awesome. Bloggers like the Dude are now making old school media like the AJC chase rumors. Schweet.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

It's all Al Gore's fault.

Nm
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    Ah, the power of the Interwebs. Awesome. Bloggers like the Dude are now making old school media like the AJC chase rumors. Schweet.

My question is this campaign just by rougue fans or deliberate and encourage by the big 12. Ruthless Texas politics

Ah ha - this just proves they have something to cover up! (tic)
    ----------------

Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

--Ephesians 5:16

so, Mr. Stewart, what should VT do right now? Pursue the SEC or stay in the ACC?

You act like you're not behind all of this.

Offensive woes dulling VT fans' excitement and causing downturn in traffic? Nothing expansion discussion can't cure.
    New board design causes downturn in traffic? Bam... Expansion!
    VT's worst season in years causing downturn in traffic? Yup, there's some more expansion.

Coincidence? I think not. So why don't you tell us.... what's your next domino, and where are we going to end up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    My question is this campaign just by rougue fans or deliberate and encourage by the big 12. Ruthless Texas politics
    Not sure who starts them but is it coincidental it always happens at times when the ACC makes announcements? In May, the TV deal was finalized and both the Dud and Orangebloods started the FSU to Clemson to Big 12 campaign within a week. Louisville is accepted into the ACC (a Big 12 target) and the GT rumor starts within a week. WVU is still furious about being rejected and they know they sit on an island. Wait until their pipeline of recruits from the South dries up...I know they had no choices but the Big 12 is not a great location for them.

Banned

Notice how the only time expansion/realignment occurs is when an actually legit media source starts reporting? I don't think once in the last 3 or 4 years has the internet rumor come to fruition.

I said this a few days ago--the ACC will expand with Louisville and remain intact for the foreseeable future (next 5 years or so). 5 years is a huge amount of time in our day and age so anything could happen in that time period, but for now the ACC is standing pat. Louisville was probably not that bad of an addition. I'm actually a little jealous that UVa will get to travel there every other year. It actually seems like a great destination city for the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Banker VT View Post
    Notice how the only time expansion/realignment occurs is when an actually legit media source starts reporting? I don't think once in the last 3 or 4 years has the internet rumor come to fruition.

I said this a few days ago--the ACC will expand with Louisville and remain intact for the foreseeable future (next 5 years or so). 5 years is a huge amount of time in our day and age so anything could happen in that time period, but for now the ACC is standing pat. Louisville was probably not that bad of an addition. I'm actually a little jealous that UVa will get to travel there every other year. It actually seems like a great destination city for the fan.
    Just curious, you seem to indicate in your posts your desire for us to remain in the ACC, regardless. Not sure the majority of fans share your viewpoint. I admit I'm liking the idea of the ACC imploding, if for no other reason, to get us out of a conference that is obviously partial to basketball schools and never really wanted us as a member.