After seeing the ACC's "cream of the crop" basically stink up the challenge

I like our chances to finish in the top half of the ACC.

NCSU was picked to win the ACC, but they have what, 3 losses so far? Clemson down 20 at the half...at home? UNC getting absolutely blasted by Indiana...geesh! So far only MD & VT have shown up to play.

What does the ACC think this is, football?
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post

NCSU was picked to win the ACC, but they have what, 3 losses so far? Clemson down 20 at the half...at home? UNC getting absolutely blasted by Indiana...geesh! So far only MD & VT have shown up to play.

I agree...I think the first time JJ's team plays the round in ACC some coaches are going to be shocked at our speed, conditioning and shooting ability.

Easy there, Killer. I would not expect anyone in the ACC to go into Bloomingdale and make that a close game with the exception of Duke. UNC lost 88% of their scoring from last year, but they are far from a push-over. NCSt is young, still learning, and played a Michigan team that is VERY good. CJ Leslie will still have his way with our team. UVA is a very good team as well now that they have Jontel Evans. FSU will keep getting better throughout the year.

Edit Add: Miami taking it to MichSt here. Don't count out Jim Larranagga.

I know, Debbie Downer here, but this season will be far from easy to get to the top 6.
    Last edited by hoosnowahokie; Wed Nov 28 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Clemson's best player isn't playing. NCSU lost to a top 5 team. I think Maryland and Duke are playing the best in conf right now, Maryland has some scary big guys.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

Whoa there. Love the enthusiasm but you may want to tone down the expectations. So far we've played a bunch of nobodies and two 'ehh' teams. It's a long season and the acc is one of the best. I recommend we keep mild expectations and whatever happens happens. It'll be a lot more fun to watch and maybe this board can look quite different than the football board this year.
    "The Hokies won an outright ACC championship during their first year in the conference. That's a feat Tech's in-state neighbor to the north has never accomplished in 52 seasons. For the record, it took Tech 12 weeks."

I was just thinking the exact same thing. After watching our team over the first 6 games and then watching some of these other ACC teams against their Big 10 foes, I find myself thinking that there isn't a one of them that we can't beat on any given night if we continue to play like we've been playing and if the injury bug doesn't bite us.

Remember, we were all playing relative equals re position within our respective conferences, so don't get too excited just yet

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Easy there, Killer. I would not expect anyone in the ACC to go into Bloomingdale
    true...totally different story if they play that game at Macy's

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    true...totally different story if they play that game at Macy's
    Bloomington, Bloomingdale, what's the difference? And inside a Macy's, Zeller's straightline ability would be hindered by all the shoe racks. They wouldn't be able to break very fast on UNC.