Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    hokiealum10's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21, 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    74

    Just saw reports...

    ...on twitter and another Tech site saying that B1G approved GT's membership. Can anyone verify???
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by VTalum2010 View Post
    ...on twitter and another Tech site saying that B1G approved GT's membership. Can anyone verify???
    Saw the same...can't find anything on my Google machine, but this could be the beginning of the end, if true, IMO.
    [I]"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today. [/I]...Phil Connors, "Groundhog Day"

  3. #3
    hokiealum10's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21, 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by JKHokie-RunFor32 View Post
    Saw the same...can't find anything on my Google machine, but this could be the beginning of the end, if true, IMO.
    I agree completely!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #4

    Join Date
    September 17, 2004
    Posts
    107
    I saw it on the Clemson 247 site. Interesting if true. I wish they would grab UVa instead. I don't want to be in the Big 12!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Culpeper Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    Glen Allen, VA (far western Henrico County)
    Posts
    19,720
    Nothing on the GT boards about it. I'd think they'd be all over it if there was any smoke.

    Quote Originally Posted by VTalum2010 View Post
    ...on twitter and another Tech site saying that B1G approved GT's membership. Can anyone verify???

  6. #6

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    5,527
    Well, consider this...
    The Dude is now 0 for whatever on his "predictions". Last week he said that UVA applied to B1G but said that is no longer true AFTER Uva put out the statement. One poster on the GT board said it best: "Most GT fans think the article is BS." The AJC has also said nothing about this and they eat, breath, and sleep college athletics.

    Again, it is the jealous folks in WV and their Big 12 brothers and sisters who continue to start internet rumors. They do this every time the ACC makes a power play.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    April 12, 2006
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Skills View Post
    Well, consider this...
    The Dude is now 0 for whatever on his "predictions". Last week he said that UVA applied to B1G but said that is no longer true AFTER Uva put out the statement. One poster on the GT board said it best: "Most GT fans think the article is BS." The AJC has also said nothing about this and they eat, breath, and sleep college athletics.

    Again, it is the jealous folks in WV and their Big 12 brothers and sisters who continue to start internet rumors. They do this every time the ACC makes a power play.
    This rumor came from an ohio state twitter account not WVU.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    January 03, 2003
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Skills View Post
    Again, it is the jealous folks in WV and their Big 12 brothers and sisters who continue to start internet rumors. They do this every time the ACC makes a power play.
    Remind me again about this ACC "power play". lol

  9. #9

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    5,527
    I still believe Louisville was also a move to block Big 12. It was known Big 12 had eyes on them. If you don't believe Big 12 is just as "unstable" as the ACC, then think again.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    January 03, 2003
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Skills View Post
    I still believe Louisville was also a move to block Big 12. It was known Big 12 had eyes on them. If you don't believe Big 12 is just as "unstable" as the ACC, then think again.
    Who are you replying too?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •