Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raid the Big 12

Raid the Big 12

I for one have always wanted to be in the ACC. The only way for the ACC to survive is to either talk the Domers into full membership in the ACC (which is not going to happen)or I hate to say it, raid the Big 12 and go after WVU. This is ultimately a battle between the ACC and BIG 12. What would a great business man do. Kill the competition.

and get who?
    I mean who would leave them for us, they have much better TV deal and will get more money in. The only way we can get Big12 schools in is if we promise them the stars, which we can't. ACC is not highly regarded for football, people will prefer to stay put in Big 12 before they go to the ACC.

Neither ND or WVU are coming...so what's the next option?

Quote Originally Posted by 133142Hokie View Post
    I for one have always wanted to be in the ACC. The only way for the ACC to survive is to either talk the Domers into full membership in the ACC (which is not going to happen)or I hate to say it, raid the Big 12 and go after WVU. This is ultimately a battle between the ACC and BIG 12. What would a great business man do. Kill the competition.
    "For relaxing times...make it Suntory time!"

The Big XII's grant of rights makes their members untouchable until such time as Texas decides it is going to the PacX and sues to get their tier 3 rights back from the league.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

I do think that the only key the ACC has to survive is for the BIG 12 to implode. Lets hope that the PAC bunch see the light and destroy the BIG 12. After all that is what makes the most logical sense in all of this. Of course, it is only about the money. I think our political leaders will step in at some point to stop the madness.

I do think that the only key the ACC has to survive is for the BIG 12 to implode. Lets hope that the PAC bunch see the light and destroy the BIG 12. After all that is what makes the most logical sense in all of this. Of course, it is only about the money. I think our political leaders will step in at some point to stop the madness.
    Why again can't there be 5 superconferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    The Big XII's grant of rights makes their members untouchable until such time as Texas decides it is going to the PacX and sues to get their tier 3 rights back from the league.
    No it doesn't. There is no way that holds up in court. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    Cuz it's a FOUR team playoff?
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by Buy These! View Post
    which is the 5th? ACC is not , I am sorry but we are weak, and will remain such. Only way perception changes is a National Championship.
    The two teams right now that are best poised for success are Clemson and FSU. They can't seem to be able to go undefeated, until they, or someone else does, we are the odd man out.

Pipe dream.