Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks like we would have bullied our way into the ACC this year anyway......and the way I remember the 2003 story, our admins were not that important back then when we barged into the ACC

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle76 View Post
    You are kidding, right? These guys saved our bacon from being left behind in the Big East in 2003. They've done a great job. As for Louisville......much more of a football program than UConn will ever have. Clearly a defensive move to get the best football program available and geographically relevant.
    Funny thing is that had we remained in the Big East, we might be in the SEC today.

better looking women than UConn or Cincy...no doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Techsupport View Post
    What's your subject line have to do with your post?
    Thanks, I thought it was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by hokie1277 View Post
    Funny thing is that had we remained in the Big East, we might be in the SEC today.
    Yep... Pretty sure we'd have joined the SEC with TAMU and Mizzou would still be in the Big XII and pining for Big Ten membership. Although they may have gotten the B1G call instead of Rutgers.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by hokie skills View Post
    better looking women than uconn or cincy...no doubt in my mind.
    shun
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by 133193Hokie View Post
    First we are led to believe that the key cornerstone of VT's position in the ACC is/was tied to academics. Than..., the next thin you know here comes L'ville. Nothing against L'ville - I actually thought they were a better addition than BC, Syr, Pitt, Miami, UConn - but come on VT/ACC leaders, you can not have it both ways here.

I have lost a lot of respect for VT's leadership.
    Relatively speaking, isn't the SEC "less-tarnished" now? I don't feel stupid and I'm certainly not going to back away from a robust discussion of the merits. Do you think this addition significantly elevates the ACC? I do think it is an improvement over Maryland. I'll freely admit that, if that is your point.

These guys saved our bacon from being left behind in the Big East in 2003.
    If we were left behind in the Big East in 2003, we be in the SEC right now. Just sayin'.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    Yep... Pretty sure we'd have joined the SEC with TAMU and Mizzou would still be in the Big XII and pining for Big Ten membership. Although they may have gotten the B1G call instead of Rutgers.
    This is exactly why I wish conferences could work with each other on memberships that are mutally beneficial Instead of this being musical chairs/pinata party and conferences always going after "best available", it would be SO much better for college football if all the conferences could negotiate contracts together. I'm a free-market capitalist at my core, but when WVU is in the B12 and Missouri is SEC, I mean, come on, really? Its bad for the sport, and its not fun.

You are kidding, right? These guys saved our bacon from being left behind in the Big East in 2003. They've done a great job. As for Louisville......much more of a football program than UConn will ever have. Clearly a defensive move to get the best football program available and geographically relevant.
    Know nothing about Louisville. Are they a state or private school?