Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, how stupid do the pro VT to the SEC fans feel today.

First we are led to believe that the key cornerstone of VT's position in the ACC is/was tied to academics. Than..., the next thin you know here comes L'ville. Nothing against L'ville - I actually thought they were a better addition than BC, Syr, Pitt, Miami, UConn - but come on VT/ACC leaders, you can not have it both ways here.

I have lost a lot of respect for VT's leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by 133193Hokie View Post
    First we are led to believe that the key cornerstone of VT's position in the ACC is/was tied to academics. Than..., the next thin you know here comes L'ville. Nothing against L'ville - I actually thought they were a better addition than BC, Syr, Pitt, Miami, UConn - but come on VT/ACC leaders, you can not have it both ways here.

Not sure where you are going, but the situation surrounding VTís conference aspirations isnít stagnate. We as fans havenít a clue whatís going on behind closed doors right now. This will make for a great book one day. I am nervous about finding a permanent home, but am confident that our higher-ups are looking out for our best interest.

I'm sure the VT leadership is devastated at your anonymous post. How will they go on? :-)

Has Dr. Steger made any sort of statement in any of this? You're criticizing him for something and I'd like to see where he said what you say he did.

Please don't tell me you read it on a message board and assumed that it was so.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Why would the pro-SEC crowd feel stupid today? If anything there's even more of an argument to go to the SEC. Did you mean anti-SEC/pro-ACC crowd feeling stupid?

You are kidding, right? These guys saved our bacon from being left behind in the Big East in 2003. They've done a great job. As for Louisville......much more of a football program than UConn will ever have. Clearly a defensive move to get the best football program available and geographically relevant.

What's your subject line have to do with your post?

Quote Originally Posted by hokieball View Post
    Why would the pro-SEC crowd feel stupid today? If anything there's even more of an argument to go to the SEC. Did you mean anti-SEC/pro-ACC crowd feeling stupid?
    That's gotta be what he meant

Give it a rest people...So 12 of 14 members are inside the top 75 institutions. It is STILL a great collection of academic schools. So adding Louisville ruins all of that? I'm just not getting all of this griping.

Why was Louisville added ?